Notices

Old 03-19-2009, 06:10 AM   #1
sarikan
Zealot
sarikan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Irex support experience

Hi there,
In case potential dr1000s owners would like to know about how irex support works: here is my story.
My reader never reached the battery times reported by other users. Even after 1.5 7.5 hours or so would be the max I could get, without doing nothing at all.
So as suggested by the members of this forum, I opened a ticket in irex support web site. They responded about 4 days or a little bit later. They've sent me a return box, for which I did not pay anything. I just put the dr1000s into the box, and gave it to ups, which took it back to irex. after the package reached them, they fixed the problem in a week. They replaced the mainboard, and sent the package back to me via ups again.
I'm especially happy that I did not pay for ups, since they have absolutely crazy prices in UK. I am now charging the device, and I'll try to see if it acts normal after the surgery

Kind regards
Seref
sarikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Yes, I have nothing but praise for the way iRex respond to my tickets and the eventual replacement. I have usually had a response withing 24hrs.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
Marc Mertens
Mathematician
Marc Mertens began at the beginning.

Device: IRex Digital Reader
In my case, I had a response from them within 12 hour on creating a ticket. Just like you a return box was send via UPS free of cost (also for the send back and return of my reader). I had two wait however for about 3 weeks before my reader was repaired (could be that they themselves had to wait for some pieces, in my case the circuit board).
Up to now I'm happy with their response (still busy testing the battery power of my reader).

Marc Mertens
Marc Mertens is offline   Reply With Quote