Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-25-2014, 11:35 AM   #331
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueJay View Post
Does anyone else have this working with AZW3s? Has the latest firmware changed something perhaps?

Any pointers would be useful.

Thanks
They have been working for me on the new firmware.
What is the GUID of the book? The maximum length is 31 characters, if the book's title is longer than that and it had to be cut down to fit the GUID it can cause the WG error sometimes.
If you still don't have any luck, you can send me the book and I can test it if you want.

Last edited by Ephemerality; 05-25-2014 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Clarification
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 03:42 PM   #332
RogueJay
RogueJay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I've just tried with a book called Overtime, which has hardly any information associated with it, to minimize external factors. You also can't get much shorter or simpler for a book name/GUID. Still no luck.

I'll send you a PM of the book and ASC file if you're willing to take a look.

Assuming I can get this working, I was also wondering if there's much difference between your standalone tool and the plugin as it currently stands.

Cheers
RogueJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2014, 07:59 AM   #333
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueJay View Post
I've just tried with a book called Overtime, which has hardly any information associated with it, to minimize external factors. You also can't get much shorter or simpler for a book name/GUID. Still no luck.
For anyone else who ends up having a similar issue, the problem ended up being a bad GUID being generating by both tools. Unsure why, but attached is a new version of the stand-alone tool that should work properly with AZW3s. It has not been fully tested yet so let me know if there are any issues.
Attached Files
File Type: rar xray-builder-v1.50-win32.rar (2.31 MB, 255 views)
Old 06-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #334
ChocoLatte
ChocoLatte began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
I'm gonna be frank with you, I want to use this for a fanfiction...
I am gonna use it for actual book, too, of course...
But, yeah... Do you think it would work?
What about adding support for TVTroupes, or text files!?
ChocoLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #335
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoLatte View Post
I'm gonna be frank with you, I want to use this for a fanfiction...
I am gonna use it for actual book, too, of course...
But, yeah... Do you think it would work?
What about adding support for TVTroupes, or text files!?
At the moment it only pulls info off Shelfari. If your book happened to be on there it wouldn't be a problem.
Pulling data from any other site or a text file would be possible, but I don't have time to add anything like it at the moment. Maybe later in the summer...

If someone else wants to throw the code together in C# for the tool (or python for the plugin), feel free.
Advert
Old 06-14-2014, 07:10 AM   #336
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this thread - I thought I was subscribed but I'd stopped receiving emails. I'll try to find some time to catch up with recent posts to see if there's anything which needs fixing for the Calibre plugin.
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:30 PM   #337
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this thread - I thought I was subscribed but I'd stopped receiving emails. I'll try to find some time to catch up with recent posts to see if there's anything which needs fixing for the Calibre plugin.
I think the only recent thing was RogueJay's issue where my tool and your plugin were grabbing the wrong unique id values from the book. I had to change the mobi unpack version I was using...
Old 06-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #338
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK then, here's a new Calibre plugin, with a new unpack, and a few minor usability changes.

Out of interest, how are people dealing with DRM-ed books? (If that's an allowed topic here.) I de-DRMed one of my Kindle books, but the Calibre plug-in failed immediately - it looked like removing DRM had also set some of the metadata to null values.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plugin_xray_generator-0.1.270.zip (73.5 KB, 204 views)
Old 06-17-2014, 04:25 AM   #339
April_7th
Connoisseur
April_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: PW2
Hello. The website given in description is not working.. Is there anothey to create the x-ray file?
April_7th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:35 PM   #340
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by April_7th View Post
Hello. The website given in description is not working.. Is there anothey to create the x-ray file?
There's a Calibre plugin and a command-line tool - just have a scan through the last couple of pages for more details.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:53 PM   #341
Ephemerality
Addict

Latest build of X-Ray Builder is at: https://www.revensoftware.com/files/...1.50-win32.rar
Latest version of the plugin is here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=338

I tried to create a dedicated thread a while back but they deleted it...

Last edited by Ephemerality; 06-17-2014 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Updated download link
Old 06-17-2014, 05:22 PM   #342
April_7th
Connoisseur
April_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Thank you guys
Old 06-17-2014, 07:06 PM   #343
April_7th
Connoisseur

Calibre plugin progress stucks on 50% (parsing book...). What do I need to do to fix it?
Old 06-18-2014, 01:47 AM   #344
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Is it a large book?
Old 06-18-2014, 01:51 AM   #345
April_7th
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by April_7th View Post
Calibre plugin progress stucks on 50% (parsing book...). What do I need to do to fix it?
1.5 MB. I have waited over night, but still nothing..

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray