Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 05:32 AM   #1
playful
Mammal
playful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kindle DXG
Opening Cover First? [Kindle]

Hi Everyone,

First, let me bow down to the Calibre gods... Haven't done that yet today.

I have a question that might have been answered deep on the "no covers" thread, but it's not the answer I like, so I thought I would ask specifically... LOL...

I make a PRC in mobipocket creator and convert it to MOBI in Calibre so that the 5-way chapter navigation will work on Kindle. So far so good.

When I first open the ebook on Kindle DX, it opens on the TOC instead of the COVER.
I know how jiggle the buttons to get to the cover, but...

Is there any way to format the book in Calibre to force it to open on the cover by default?

Or would the only trick be to make the cover the first chapter?

Smiles & Gratitude,

Andy
playful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I believe that it is a limitation of the Mobi/Kindle combination that it will NEVER open to the cover if it is marked as a cover!

As to making the cover the first chapter that may fool the system into letting it work.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert