Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-15-2010, 06:36 PM   #16
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
I've got like 10 eBooks on there which still need to be read.
Amateur!
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:09 AM   #17
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Thaere are some very MEAN folks on here ... Not letting MOM (Or wife etc) use their credit card ... My Kindle is linked to Wendie's card ... hehehe ... and I KNOW how to BUY books ... including WHOLE series of books ... Now WOULD I ????
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 09:23 AM   #18
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Amateur!
Hey, people have to start somewhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Thaere are some very MEAN folks on here ... Not letting MOM (Or wife etc) use their credit card ... My Kindle is linked to Wendie's card ... hehehe ... and I KNOW how to BUY books ... including WHOLE series of books ... Now WOULD I ????
Yes? oh, and that lazy husband of mine could buy books, but he should remember I also have his credit card
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #19
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
My Mom is up to about 400 books I think, but scarily enough I think she honestly has read most of them. She can still easily read 2 books a day. One of the ladies in her Church is trying to teach her how to do Collections and organize them but I don't think that is going too well. Like others, she is just too far from me to give hands on tech support so I'm really glad the Kindle is so one click and email user friendly.

What's funny is how grumpy she gets now when her books don't show up in about the first 30 seconds of calling me to demand they be put on her Kindle. "It's not here yet! Where is it?!!!!!" Good Grief she used to have to wait weeks for the Library book delivery system to get her requests to her but now 30 seconds is way toooo long.

Love ya Mom, seriously.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:32 AM   #20
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Yeah, I installed Calibre for my mother too. She won't touch it. The last conversation we had about this began with 'So, I hear there is a new Daniel Silva out. How would that work, exactly?' And it ended with me buying the book for her and installing it on the Kobo myself. I tried to explain how easy it was, but she wouldn't listen
I am reading this very carefully, having promised my Mom a Kindle for Christmas.
simonroyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #21
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
One of the main reasons I chose a Kindle for my Mom was the "if all else fails I can email her the book" method of delivery. I'm not sure if the new Kobos or the nooks do anything like that but it has come in real handy for me.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:15 PM   #22
tammycravit
Enthusiast
tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Next step: teaching her how to load the books herself. It's REALLY not that hard...
Good luck with that, sister of mine. When mom needs technical support, that's one of the times I thank my lucky stars that I live 2,700 miles away. (And, if you repeat that, you're a dead woman )
tammycravit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:31 PM   #23
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
But all she has to do is click the download button and then drag it onto the Kobo from inside ADE. It's REALLY not that hard. Of course, we don't have to worry about Dad since he is never going to read a contemporary novel anyway and his first words upon seeing the Kobo were 'Look! Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire! For free!'

Anyway, she's shipping herself off to Florida for the winter. Won't you be closer? :P
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:08 PM   #24
tammycravit
Enthusiast
tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tammycravit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
But all she has to do is click the download button and then drag it onto the Kobo from inside ADE. It's REALLY not that hard.
Of course not. Personally, I think it's a psychological phenomenon more than anything else — she doesn't think she can do it, so she can't.

Quote:
Anyway, she's shipping herself off to Florida for the winter. Won't you be closer? :P
Sadly (for you), not really. It's 2,700 miles or so from here to Toronto, and 2,800 miles from here to wherever the heck in Florida she's going. The only way to get closer to where I am is to travel west. South ain't gonna cut it.
tammycravit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #25
birdbrainbb
Addict
birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Mom: Well, never is a long time. You never know. It's better to have them just in case.

Me: That's what I said! I mean, it's not like they're cluttering up my apartment. They don't take up any space.

Mom: Exactly. And you know, you just never know what you might be in the mood for. You'd better just have them all handy...
Haha! This is exactly why I've got, like, 600 unread ebooks and 300 unread pbooks sitting around. Just in case I need them!
birdbrainbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #26
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammycravit View Post
Of course not. Personally, I think it's a psychological phenomenon more than anything else — she doesn't think she can do it, so she can't.
So...do you want to hear the story about how last Friday she made all her Firefox toolbars disappear? A two-second Google search and I had them back for her, and I was this huge hero, let me tell you. Also also she was asking me if her web-based email will 'look the same' in Florida. Nooooo. No it won't. Web pages look totally different in Florida...

I suppose I don't mind buying her the odd book because then I could read it too if I wanted it (her Kobo is registered to ADE on my computer, because she won't install books on hers). Of course, if I did that I would be stuck with Tom Clancy and Robert Ludlum and Daniel Silva and things like this Relatives with bad taste=the ultimate "drm" against file sharing
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote