Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Henry Blodget: My Kids Are Addicted To My iPad

http://www.businessinsider.com/my-ki...my-ipad-2010-7

Quote:
And it's not only the kids: My wife and my daughter now fight over over who gets to go to bed "reading a book" on the iPad (until we leave the room) and who gets shafted with the old-fashioned paper-based crap. (So let's go ahead a debit my account for a THIRD iPad.)

Are you hearing me, people? A month after we bought it, the iPad has become so central to our household that we have to hide it. And in relatively short order, to preserve my family harmony, I'm going to have to buy two more of the damn things.
"old-fashioned paper-based crap"

Glad I'm not the only father with this problem
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Lol. There's no way I'd share mine. My husband would have to get his own. I already use mine constantly and want another so I can switch 'em while charging. I just can't justify buying two of a first-generation device. My husband was just saying yesterday that iPad seems like the best electronics purchase I've made, judging by how much I enjoy it.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
Last night my husband borrowed mine for 5 minutes and finally after two hours I pried it from his hands.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
switch them while charging, don't you sleep Maggie???
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
switch them while charging, don't you sleep Maggie???
Not if I can help it. Who wants to sleep when you have an iPad? Lol.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2010, 04:01 AM   #6
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
My wife "allowed" me to get an ipad allthough (I have to admit) it was unnecessary to get one (I mean I have a laptop, dedicated e-readers....). So she was not really sold on the ipad. It was more like "let the man have his toys"

After she found out that I installed solitaire, she asked (the first time) if she could give it a try.
Since then, she's just taking it (if I'm not at home) or she's requesting to get it (if I'm at home).
Only drawback for me is that the battery is mostly down to about 20-30% once she used it.

Otherwise I'm really glad she (and my daughter, too) likes my new toy. This gives me some more backup for having bought the ipad.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote