Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 11:47 PM   #1
Sam Landstrom
Zealot
Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thumbs up Landstrom, Sam: MetaGame, V1, Sept 2009

I don't have a Sony Reader and haven't tested this ePub file using one so let me know if there are issues.

For reviews see http://www.amazon.com/MetaGame-ebook/dp/B002AJ88LC

/////////
Blurb:
Life is a game, literally. Winners earn immortality, while losers are condemned to aging and death. D_Light, a gifted player, knows this all too well and he's willing to do anything to win-even kill. It is no wonder then that when given the chance to enter a MetaGame-an exclusive, high-stakes, anything goes contest-he's quick to jump at the opportunity. The MetaGame starts out well enough for D_Light, the first quest being to hunt down a dangerous fugitive, but through his own ambition, the tables turn and D_Light finds himself the renegade. Now, D_Light pits himself against his world to find the truth behind "The Game" and must decide between winning it and saving what's left of his humanity.

This novel blends emerging political and cultural trends, such as gaming culture, globalization, and the ever-increasing hegemony of corporations, with technological trends, such as genetic engineering, artificial intelligence, and virtual reality. Emerging from this stew is an original world to explore through the point of view of several of its "players".
////////

Thanks!
Sam
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub MetaGame - Sam Landstrom.epub (634.7 KB, 1252 views)
Sam Landstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:09 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Wow, , Sam!!

That was very nice of you to upload your book on MR.

I have a 505 and will try to load this on my Reader tomorrow, so I can have a look at it (purely from a reader's point of view).

How did you make the ePub version?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
Sam Landstrom
Zealot
Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
...How did you make the ePub version?
I used an easy to use freeware tool called Calibre. My source file is in HTML and Calibre allowed me to convert it into all kinds of formats including Mobi and PDF.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Landstrom View Post
I used an easy to use freeware tool called Calibre. My source file is in HTML and Calibre allowed me to convert it into all kinds of formats including Mobi and PDF.
I just loaded it and paged quickly through to page 50 on size S on my Sony 505.

Something I did notice.. D_Light, Icy_B, Saucy-Dice, and others. Was this suppose to be D-Light,Icy-B, etc?

Left justification stayed nice with a small margin even with M and L font size.

Italics were clearly viewed.

I don't do conversions or use Calibre yet, so I don't have a lot of experience with what is expected with the output. I just know what I see as the finished output.

Calibre is fantastic according to the many member comments on MR (and of course, Kovid, is an active member here along with others who fine tune and add to that great program)

I now have it on my Reader and will look forward to reading it.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #5
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I just downloaded the .epub version to my 700. While I haven't read any of it, I did at least get to the first page just to see that it was readable, and it is.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 02:42 AM   #6
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I just loaded it and paged quickly through to page 50 on size S on my Sony 505.

Something I did notice.. D_Light, Icy_B, Saucy-Dice, and others. Was this suppose to be D-Light,Icy-B, etc?

Left justification stayed nice with a small margin even with M and L font size.

Italics were clearly viewed.

I don't do conversions or use Calibre yet, so I don't have a lot of experience with what is expected with the output. I just know what I see as the finished output.

Calibre is fantastic according to the many member comments on MR (and of course, Kovid, is an active member here along with others who fine tune and add to that great program)

I now have it on my Reader and will look forward to reading it.
Awesome, thanks for sanity checking the formatting!

Ya, many of the characters use aliases with underscores "_" not hyphens so that's by design. If you saw hyphens in the name, that was probably a mistake.

Sam

Tags
science fiction book