Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #16
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
I hope you release a trial, or limited version so people can try it out before purchasing the full version.
But if you get enough takers, that won't be needed I guess. in any case as I said good luck.

Back on Topic.,
I tried again today 4min scanning with no movement of progress bar
then another 20seconds it fills up and finishes, seems to me like something in the N7 is causing it to get stuck

Run me through the debug procedure, and I will do that if you like.
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitthis View Post
Back on Topic.,
I tried again today 4min scanning with no movement of progress bar
then another 20seconds it fills up and finishes, seems to me like something in the N7 is causing it to get stuck
This is how long it takes on my Nexus too. There is no reason to think that it is stuck. You can't show progress of an unknown value, so when it finishes it is finished. For the amount of files on my device, taking 4 minutes to scan my entire device over a USB port seems like the correct time.

How it can be speeded up is a different matter. Maybe by following Calibre Companion's lead, it only takes about 1minute 20 seconds to connect, but it only searches limited directories.

Update: It looks like I was wrong, you'll get your progress feedback after all.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-02-2012 at 12:01 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert