Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #856
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@dleighb/@trksh22:

Make sure you're using the tweaked version of the plugin. (And read the first post of the plugin thread carefully, everything you want to know should be in there ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:03 PM   #857
trksh22
I'd Rather be Reading
trksh22 is on a distinguished road

Device: K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@dleighb/@trksh22:

Make sure you're using the tweaked version of the plugin. (And read the first post of the plugin thread carefully, everything you want to know should be in there ).

I installed the Tweak just now and didn't notice a difference. I didn't have it before, but I was on 5.3 so maybe that was the difference. I also reread the first post (and the linked posts) Judging from the posts above me (and the lack of mention of 5.4.4 support ) I will just have to wait until there is an update to the CM before I can access my hidden (formally nested) books from my PW and unnest the collections. I don't see any other way to unnest. Thank you for helping
trksh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #858
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@trksh22: FWIW, they're not even nested anymore, they're just plain gone, the upgrade process squished them. (AFAICT, I haven't actually bothered to look at the db by hand, but given the fact that my collection count went down to zero, I'm guessing they went poof for good).
Old 03-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #859
trksh22
I'd Rather be Reading

Quote:
@trksh22: FWIW, they're not even nested anymore, they're just plain gone, the upgrade process squished them. (AFAICT, I haven't actually bothered to look at the db by hand, but given the fact that my collection count went down to zero, I'm guessing they went poof for good).
Thank you If that is the case, how do I get all my books to show up again? Just delete/uninstall the collections manager? I really love CM and would prefer it to the built in collections manager for PW, but I can't do anything without my books. But when you say plain gone, you're referring to my *sniff* collections? If that's the case, then where have my books gone? I can see them when I plug in my kindle, but not on the device. Even searching (from the device) doesn't show them.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #860
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@trksh22: Oh, my bad, I missed the fact that you were missing *books*, not collections.

Err, that's a new one, sorry . What filter are you using on the home screen? (For that matter, what can you see on the home screen?)

As for CM, it doesn't support 5.4.3 & 5.4.4 right now. (And it's inert in itself, so 'uninstalling' it won't do anything besides clearing 200KB of space ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 03-15-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Advert
Old 03-15-2014, 03:49 PM   #861
trksh22
I'd Rather be Reading

Nope, no factory reset and I have played around with the filters. Searching doesn't show the books, but hooking it up to the computer and searching shows the books, so they are there... just invisible on the Kindle. You know, my Serious Fiction collection wasn't nested, but those books don't show (as an example). :P

Maybe later I will delete cm and see if that helps, though I don't see how??

Thank you again!
Old 03-15-2014, 03:56 PM   #862
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@trksh22: I can only think of a borked catalog db... (It's known to happen on its own sometimes, but it might have been compounded by the migration process of the update...).

A factory reset will of course clear it, but it's kind of a PITA, so if you have an SSH access set up, it's a simple one-liner. (If you don't, I'm not sure anyone ever built that into a tiny update package just for that).

I'll take a look at the state of the db on my PW1 later tonight, to see if I can something weird in mine. (But FWIW, I had nested collections, and everything's fine after the update, besides the collections being gone).
Old 03-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #863
trksh22
I'd Rather be Reading

A quick update: I was able to get all of my books back on the device by adding all my books to my Calibre library (I normally delete them from there and add to My Docs) and sending them back to the Kindle. (???) Yeah, but it worked and I am happy!

I can't wait to get my Collections back up and running. I don't like all those books sitting there, unsorted!
Old 03-16-2014, 09:17 AM   #864
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@trksh22: If you still have everything in Calibre, then I'd really recommend doing a factory reset, at least this way you'll be certain the device is in a sane state.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:47 PM   #865
trksh22
I'd Rather be Reading

Quote:
@trksh22: If you still have everything in Calibre, then I'd really recommend doing a factory reset, at least this way you'll be certain the device is in a sane state.
Will that erase my progress and bookmarks, etc?
Old 03-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #866
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@trksh22: Unless this is Amazon content w/ sync, yes. (Unless you handle the backup/restore yourself).
Old 03-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #867
trksh22
I'd Rather be Reading

Ehhhh, in that case I will just wait on the factory reset. I had enough trouble deleting old collections off of it... I don't want to go through that again. Thanks anyway.

I tried setting up collections on the paperwhite and it is such a hassle!
Old 03-17-2014, 07:39 AM   #868
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Hello:

I am a little confused and I need some assistance. Because of some challenges with my Amazon collections, I have decided to jailbreak my pw2 fw 5.4.4 device in order to try to use CM to fix my collections. The instructions state to use the Mobireads kindlet, however when I unpacked it I do not see an installer for the pw2. Am I supposed to install that and if so, which one do I use for the pw2??
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:48 AM   #869
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@nynaevelan: CM doesn't support 5.4.3/5.4.4 right now.

But to answer your question, you can find MKK in a sticky thread.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:26 AM   #870
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
@nynaevelan: CM doesn't support 5.4.3/5.4.4 right now.

But to answer your question, you can find MKK in a sticky thread.
NiLuJe:

I found the file but I do not know what file I should be using on my pw2. But thanks, I thought I saw that CM didn't fully support 5.4.4 but it was usable with some of the features. I just want to put on a few basic collections, no nesting or fancy features needed.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks