Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #166
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
One idea... The progress bar should be kept at 100% after it reaches there.
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #167
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
I think it is perfectly reasonable to only allow one test period. After that, move on or buy the app. But perhaps Mantano would gain more customers if they every half year reset the database, so you could try out the app again?
Or on a a significant version change. I tested Mantano early on when it was less mature so that is my latest impression of them.

If they reset the trail key so folks can review their newer updates it might increase sales if the new features are what folks are interested it.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #168
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They're going to set up a beta program, which may help with the testing issues.

I've found them really, really responsive to suggestions. Very nice.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #169
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Just realized that the paid version isn't showing up on my device running custom ROM anymore, therefore it's stuck at 1.2.1

The trial version still shows up on the Market.

Any idea?

Cheers.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #170
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyukfai View Post
Just realized that the paid version isn't showing up on my device running custom ROM anymore, therefore it's stuck at 1.2.1

The trial version still shows up on the Market.

Any idea?

Cheers.
I have the same problem on Samsung Galaxy Tab. I'm running the stock rom (2.3.4) but rooted. Market shows the reader as "not compatible for device". It's visible from Xoom (stock, not rooted) and Evo 3D (rooted).

I contacted the developer yesterday, hoping to hear from them soon.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2011, 12:14 AM   #171
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
This thread has gotten a bit long, but I don't remember this being asked -- so I'll ask.

Are the annotations, highlights, etc. that are applied to a PDF in Mantano stored in the PDF in a standard way, so that they can be accessed on a PC using other PDF software? If not, how are they stored?

Since epub has no standard for annotations, how does Mantano handle this? How do we backup and access these annotations on a PC or other platform? Are the Mantano epub annotations compatible with Adobe's solution? Until the epub standard incorporates annotations, ADE is the defacto standard (for better or worse).

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:14 AM   #172
loyukfai
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
I have the same problem on Samsung Galaxy Tab. I'm running the stock rom (2.3.4) but rooted. Market shows the reader as "not compatible for device". It's visible from Xoom (stock, not rooted) and Evo 3D (rooted).

I contacted the developer yesterday, hoping to hear from them soon.
As a temporary solution, I used MarketEnabler (downloadable from the Market) to "fake" my SIM provider, and then found Mantano (non-trial) and updated it.

Remember to save and restore your SIM settings before and afterwards (within that app), especially if yours is a 3G model.

Cheers.

P.S. The support told me they're now kinda busy for a September trade show, so they're not appearing here as often as they would like.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:28 AM   #173
loyukfai
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
Are the annotations, highlights, etc. that are applied to a PDF in Mantano stored in the PDF in a standard way, so that they can be accessed on a PC using other PDF software? If not, how are they stored?
IIRC, the text, highlights and bookmarks can be synced back to desktop ADE but the freehand annotations remains in Mantano. Connect your device to desktop via USB cable, open ADE, and drag your book from the device back to desktop within ADE.

Yes it's a problem that annotations have yet to be standardized in EPUB.

Cheers.

Ref: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...55#post1558955
Old 08-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #174
bossfan2000
Connoisseur
bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iPhone 6+, Kindle Voyage
I've been trying this reader for the last week and really like it. Just bought the full version, in fact. But one thing I can't seem to find. Is there any place to configure how page turns are initiated (i.e. swipe versus tap)? Even better if at some point we can tweak which side of the screen turns the page forward versus back. I read holding my tablet in my left hand, so it would be nice to be able to have taps on the left side advance the page. Or maybe tap the bottom of the screen and advance the page, etc.
bossfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #175
GregoryP
Enthusiast
GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.GregoryP can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Google Nexus One
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossfan2000 View Post
I've been trying this reader for the last week and really like it. Just bought the full version, in fact. But one thing I can't seem to find. Is there any place to configure how page turns are initiated (i.e. swipe versus tap)? Even better if at some point we can tweak which side of the screen turns the page forward versus back. I read holding my tablet in my left hand, so it would be nice to be able to have taps on the left side advance the page. Or maybe tap the bottom of the screen and advance the page, etc.
This isn't supported yet, but it is being considered
GregoryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #176
bossfan2000
Connoisseur
bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iPhone 6+, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryP View Post
This isn't supported yet, but it is being considered
Great! Good to know...

I should have also added one more "want": 2 page mode in landscape. That is the only reason I will sometimes keep using Cool Reader..otherwise I now prefer Mantano.
bossfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #177
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossfan2000 View Post
Great! Good to know...

I should have also added one more "want": 2 page mode in landscape. That is the only reason I will sometimes keep using Cool Reader..otherwise I now prefer Mantano.
I think they're working on it for a future release.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #178
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I just tried it. It has much to offer! The layout is clean and intuitive.

With regard to reading epubs I'd have to pass on it for now though. Perhaps the following will be including in future updates: change background color (I'd be happy with Sepia and Grey to start), include night theme, change line spacing. I guess it's just implementing publisher defaults which is refreshing quite frankly. Moon+ Reader doesn't recognize publisher defaults. Just give us the option to turn off publisher defaults and choose the other things mentioned. In all honesty I don't mind the publisher defaults minus the white background.

Thank you for the free trial.
I downloaded the trial app again. Wow, what a difference a couple of months has made since I last tried it. Will fully evaluate over the next few days. My primary use is for ePubs.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #179
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Does the app recognize endnotes in ePubs?

Edit: Answered my question. Yes it does. Had to enlarge the font to register link touch.

Last edited by SCION; 08-05-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: replaced footnotes with endnotes
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #180
linter
linter began at the beginning.

Device: craig
i downloaded the trial version, imported a book, am trying to open it but only get the message that the trial version has expired and do i want to buy the full version now?
uhm, not yet!

can anyone help me fix this? i do have my tab online while trying to use M.

thanks!
linter is offline   Reply With Quote