Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
old goat
Enthusiast
old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Calibre
New Smashwords Forum

This is a blatant plug for a new forum for Smashwords authors.

I started a Smashwords Forum the other day as I couldn't find a forum just for authors using Smashwords as their distribution system.

The forum is free, like mobileread, and I've created forums for questions on editing, conversion, marketing, introductions, and members ebooks.

If there is a forum you would like added to the board then please PM me on the Smashwords forum.

If you are an author using Smashwords and would like to join a Smashwords Forum, then please visit my new board.
old goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #2
egtalbot
Leader of the Conspiracy
egtalbot doesn't litteregtalbot doesn't litter

Device: kindle
good idea!

I imagine Mark has a forum on his "list" of things to have for Smashwords, but it definitely is something needed. I will check yours out.
egtalbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2011, 03:59 AM   #3
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!
Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I believe I read that Smashwords will indeed have their own forum this year sometime. The details escape me right now.
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:19 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good luck and best wishes, Old Goat. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:02 AM   #5
Luke King
Member Retired
Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
The forum looks great, but is there any chance of attracting readers to it? I realise you have set it up for authors, and for a specific purpose, but perhaps readers might have some interest in it. You could perhaps add reader discussions aimed specifically at Smashwords books and authors. Just an idea.
Luke King is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 01:45 AM   #6
old goat
Enthusiast
old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!old goat rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke King View Post
...You could perhaps add reader discussions aimed specifically at Smashwords books and authors...
That is a good idea and something for the future, when the board has more members and more moderators.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:46 AM   #7
old goat
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Good luck and best wishes, Old Goat. Neil

Thanks Neil, and best wishes to you also.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #8
PamelaMary
Guru
PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thank you, Old Goat,

I was looking for something like your forum, and just joined today.
PamelaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #9
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I submitted. Now I have to get email confirmation. One thing stumped me though. What is that green tag stuff all about?

Joyce
joycedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Perhaps when you have more members you might consider a sub-forum for books to be listed when they are being offered at a discount or free for a period of time via coupon codes. Sot of like here at MR when someone finds a book that is being offered at reduced price or for free for a limited amount of time.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new forum, smashwords