Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
Modified firmware with clock and other features - updated with latest Sony 2.0 rev

This would normally be posted in the Developers section but may be of interest to the general Sony forum visitor...

Our forum member, Porkupan (boroda), had posted a modified version of the PRS-950 firmware that also includes a clock, programmable keys, and other nice features. It had been updated with revisions in the latest Sony 2.0 firmware.

http://translate.google.com/translat...D15576&act=url

IMPORTANT: As with any non-standard modification - please use it at your own risk. If the device stops working or becomes "bricked," I'm not sure if we have methods to revive it like we did with the 505 reader.

Last edited by gardenstate; 12-21-2010 at 09:34 AM.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #2
antistar
Connoisseur
antistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PRS-500, dr800sg, prs-950, MS SP3, Boox i86ML, Sony Z3TC, KV, Sony RP1
Thanks for posting. Installed the firmware and so far so good. Always loved the clock feature since the time of prs-500
antistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
does one have to install the official firmware before installing this mod, or is this mod all inclusive?
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:01 PM   #4
simulacrum
Connoisseur
simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.

Device: PRS-950
This is fantastic.. Love it when a device gets a user development community around it like this.. I hope someone adds a russian-english dictionary. My Russian has degraded to the point where I have trouble reading some of the classics without occasionally referring to a dictionary.... стыдно
simulacrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #5
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
In upgrading----
My Sony PRS-950 had the official firmware installed on it. All I needed to do was connect it to the PC (also removing the SD card) with the USB, wait for it to be recognized as a "device," and run the .bat (batch) file from the modified software that was stored on the pc. Along the way there were a couple of screen prompts that needed my input....

Remember...putting the modified firmware on your reader is at your own risk.

The upgrade is a great piece of work. Features that I hope will be in future revisions is the reader personalization -- putting your name and email on it - and ability to add website addresses to the WIFI listings.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie102 View Post
does one have to install the official firmware before installing this mod, or is this mod all inclusive?
Yes, the official software update has to be installed first. Either via a wireless update, or from a PC over USB.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:06 AM   #7
lawrence_lau
lawrence_lau began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-950
Dear porkupan, could you tell me how to disable the clock? because I am in Hong Kong, the clock setting automate update, so, it's not match the actual time.
lawrence_lau is offline   Reply With Quote