Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #376
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
Sorry if this was covered elsewhere, but is there a way to see the karma you've given, not just received?
Not as part of the User CP functions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Only the hard way: click on the karma button of every post you think you've given karma. If you have actually already done so you get a message that you're forbidden to give karma a second time.
Correct.

For reference
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:46 AM   #377
Love.Forever.
Monarch Butterfly ...
Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8"
Really informative, thanks!
Love.Forever. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #378
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wow, I never knew so many people had the complete set of Star Wars action figures.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #379
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
How may one opt out of Karma?
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:46 PM   #380
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Your persistence is rewarded, after three times asking the question, I will give you karma.

And the answer.... tah-dah:

You just ignore it...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2011, 12:58 AM   #381
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Your persistence is rewarded, after three times asking the question, I will give you karma.

And the answer.... tah-dah:

You just ignore it...
I appreciate your humor, but it was a serious question.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:25 AM   #382
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
I appreciate your humor, but it was a serious question.
Pholy's post contains your answer. Karma is part of MobileRead. You cannot "opt-out" other than to ignore it.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #383
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Pholy's post contains your answer. Karma is part of MobileRead. You cannot "opt-out" other than to ignore it.

Cheers,
Marc
I had hoped for a better answer.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #384
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Just curious. Why? Karma is just forum fluff and easy to ignore.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #385
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
How may one opt out of Karma?
Quote:
You might put in your signature what is your wish about receiving karma.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #386
Falcao
Banned
Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falcao ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
You might put in your signature what is your wish about receiving karma.
That can have just the opposite effect
Falcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #387
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcao View Post
it depends on how he formulates it.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:18 AM   #388
frahse
occasional author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcao View Post
Falcao, you are correct.

I had already realized that.

I don't see my self as a Greta Garbor.

"The story of my life is about back entrances, side doors, secret elevators and other ways of getting in and out of places so that people won't bother me." Greta Garbor

I am more a stiff straight arm type, front door person.

Still, I haven't been here very long, and I have already realized that some people are playing a game and building up their karma to large numbers and other people that I have quickly developed respect for have much smaller numbers.

That said, it would be nice if the owners of this establishment gave the individual users the ability to "REDUCE" their own karma.

That would be appreciated. In fact I would wear a flat line "0" like a badge of honor.

Last edited by frahse; 09-25-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #389
Kubizo
Connoisseur
Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kindle 3 B008 3.1
Interesting. I'm registered at many forums, but this is the first time I see Karma.

I guess I should Karma people sometimes, even though my gift would not weigh much!

Ciao!
Kubizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #390
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^I always appreciate the comments with the karma more than the karma itself. It's just nice knowing you made someone's day.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
focking, lefty