Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 11:33 PM   #271
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
In and among that discussion of FizzyWater sitting at 666, I noticed that RWood has a nice round number:

Sometimes it is luck (good or bad) and other times it is the direct result of forces far beyond our mortal comprehension. In this case it is the work of Zelda pf the Amazing Raining Frogs. She likes numbers that end in a string of zeros, numbers that are all the same, palidromes (palindromic number), or any number pattern. She has made the act of giving karma an artistic expression.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:56 AM   #272
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Elsi's at a nice, round 6000, too. Is that more of Zelda's doing?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2009, 03:02 AM   #273
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post

Just a sign of more auspicious moments in life's rich tapestry.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:10 AM   #274
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Your guess is as good as mine. I didn't think I had any round numbers, but wasn't paying attention. And, according to my UserCP page, my most recent Karma came from NatCh. Maybe he also does arithmetic before giving Karma.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:35 AM   #275
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
I noticed that RWood has a nice round number:
I couldn't say, I haven't seen him up close. Rumour says that you've got a nice round number too. You both been workin' out?

Cheers,
Marc ("round" for all the wrong reasons)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #276
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Whew! Thanks!

Really needed that move to a better side of the street...
Well, in at least most places, even numbers are on one side of the street, odd numbers on the other. If we can only give even numbers, it's not even possible to move to the other side.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:50 AM   #277
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
Well, in at least most places, even numbers are on one side of the street, odd numbers on the other. If we can only give even numbers, it's not even possible to move to the other side.
In that case just change street, or even town!

Better still get a residence that has no number ....
Old 02-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #278
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
You can give odd karma, but only if it's your current maximum and you don't change the number, I seem to recall... otherwise you can't.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #279
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
You can give odd karma, but only if it's your current maximum and you don't change the number, I seem to recall... otherwise you can't.
I just checked that out and it is not true. My max number is odd and I gave it to someone with an even number, and they ended up with an even number.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:42 AM   #280
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I just checked that out and it is not true. My max number is odd and I gave it to someone with an even number, and they ended up with an even number.
that's odd (ar ar ar), because people definitely do end up with odd totals, somehow. like, i don't know, 39019 for instance.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #281
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
that's odd (ar ar ar), because people definitely do end up with odd totals, somehow. like, i don't know, 39019 for instance.

After a little experiment I conclude this inability to donate oddly is discrimination and must be corrected at once!
Old 02-22-2009, 11:53 AM   #282
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Hrm. I wonder if it used to be true and no longer is for some reason? My karma's certainly gone from even to odd fairly recently...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #283
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
Karma. hmmm
I am still trying to escape these threads that have me tangled beyond reason. Then, you insert Karma.
Don't you understand???? I feel the need to read my books!!!! I don't have time to read from the beginning of this thread... right now!!!! My very ability to choose seems to have been stripped from me.... and you talk Karma.
Nature has been calling... and I have yet to answer.... and you talk Karma.
I suppose I should set up a tent in the rant area.
For now... I will apologize, if need be and back quietly and carefully away from the computer. This is a crazy and wonderful place. Thank you for letting me visit.... now, please release me, let me go. (Yes, I broke into song for a moment.)
This thread has now been scheduled into my daily activities. Nature, Kindle, cook/clean and then back to the fun and games that I have uncovered.... HERE.
ta ta for now.... as she looks longing back at the screen.
joobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:57 PM   #284
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I think the inability to give "odd" started when someone asked that newbies be able to give 2 instead of 1 as their beginning karma.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #285
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
*whew*! After following all of the twists and turns of this thread I find I must go give out some very overdue and richly deserved karma!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
focking, lefty