Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
slainte
Zealot
slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
kindle, sony, beebook neo, pocketbook 302 which is better

Can anyone post a brief plus and minus of Kindle, Sony, Beebook Neo, Pocketbook 302 and Netbooks? I want to be able to read books on the device which I download from a number of areas, if I could connect to the net to download directly it would be great, if I could get emails on it it would be wonderful, play games an extra. I do not want something that is too heavy as that defeats the puspose of carrying it around with me. Many thanks
slainte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I suggest you look at the device matrix in our Wiki; it summarizes all the features of the various devices. Click the "Wiki" link at the top of the screen.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by slainte View Post
Can anyone post a brief plus and minus of Kindle, Sony, Beebook Neo, Pocketbook 302 and Netbooks? I want to be able to read books on the device which I download from a number of areas, if I could connect to the net to download directly it would be great, if I could get emails on it it would be wonderful, play games an extra. I do not want something that is too heavy as that defeats the puspose of carrying it around with me. Many thanks
Given your brief description, I don't think, that eInk readers will be the perfect fit for you.
If you solely focus on reading, eInk is great. But when reading "emails", it get's complicated (there are way better solutions out there). And when reading "games", all alarm bells start ringing.
Why not consider, for example, iPod touch? On eInk, you can do very basic games without animation. For example chess or Sudoku.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
no particular one is better than the other, they offer different reading experiences based on their features. One must decide what features they desire
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #5
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
no particular one is better than the other, they offer different reading experiences based on their features. One must decide what features they desire
This exactly. I had a Sony and it was perfectly fine and a great machine. But then I decided I wanted a dictionary so I could read in French, and I decided I wanted the Text to Speech feature. So I got a Kindle and have been very happy. But if I had not wanted those two features, the Sony would have continued to be an excellent choice for me.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert