Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-23-2012, 12:43 AM   #1
AutumnDreamer
Enthusiast
AutumnDreamer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle 2
Unhappy Mobi Conversion & Kindle Fire

I was wondering if anyone else seemed to have this problem. When I convert a file and use it on my Kindle Fire it will randomly not let me get past an area in a book. If I'm at 5%, then it will go to the next page, then back to the previous one, to the next one, back to the previous one. It won't let me get past a certain point, even by entering a location number, without scrolling with the location bar and well, missing out on what ends up being a page or two of the book itself. I've had this problem with several books I've converted. What I find weird is that....

1) When I view the file in Calibre on my computer it's fine.
2) The same thing doesn't happen on a Kindle 2 when I tested the same file.

This just started happening, as far as I know, about maybe two weeks ago. Is this a Calibre issue? A Fire issue? Anyone have any ideas?
AutumnDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:29 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
try converting your file to azw3 instead and sending that to the Fire. The Fire's MOBI renderer is buggier than a swamp in the monsoon.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:45 AM   #3
AutumnDreamer
Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, that didn't seem to work. The problem still persists.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:04 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Then it sounds like it is something specific to your Fire. At least, I have never experienced this on my Fire.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
AutumnDreamer
Enthusiast

Aw, darn. Leave it to me to have a problem like this.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

A user recently reported a bug in AZW3 output that I fixed, so try AZW3 again with the next calibre release. It maybe that the bug was affecting you. Other than that, I dont have a lot of ideas, I'm afraid.

https://launchpad.net/bugs/1016672
Old 06-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #7
AutumnDreamer
Enthusiast

Thanks for letting me know that. I will try it when the new release is out. I even called Amazon and stumped them. I had to create a log file and send it to them. I really just wanted to say was, "Dude, just send me a new Kindle!"