Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
eboyhan
PandaMuse
eboyhan doesn't littereboyhan doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx, kindle touch SO, kindle fire, kindle fire hd8.9
Thumbs up Calibre Developers: kindle 2.5.2 update released by Amazon

Everyone waiting to get their hands on the new kindle update with collections, it has been released/posted for download by Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...4143443&sr=1-1

Will be looking for collections support RSN
eboyhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid there seems to be no way to change collections via the USB connection, so calibre will only be able to display the collections you create on the kindle, not edit them.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
Ken Guenther
Ken Guenther began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
For some reason, only a very few of my books in my various collections on my Kindle 2 actually show up in calibre when the Kindle is connected by USB. Most of the collection column is blank, even though many those books are in a collection. What is the reason for this?
Ken Guenther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
They're books purchased from amazon. currently the kindle driver only shows collections for sideloaded books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #5
Marauder
Marauder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I'm afraid there seems to be no way to change collections via the USB connection, so calibre will only be able to display the collections you create on the kindle, not edit them.
Well that's disappointing, I was hoping to finally be able to have the morning feeds all drop into a "News Feeds" collection and reduce clutter on the main screen.
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
2.5.2, calibre, kindle