Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-20-2021, 08:37 AM   #1
tattyjacket
tattyjacket began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Two problems, fonts and page break.

Hi group.
My needs are simple I think. I've written a short story using iBook Author and saved it as an ePub file. I can load it into Calibre but when I convert it to a Kindle file,
1) The page breaks often come in the wrong place. I think I've solved this by using <P style="page-break-before: always">.
2) Sometimes the fonts are wrong? What is the command in the HTML code that controls fonts?

Phil
tattyjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:29 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Tags should NOT be uppercase (that was really old HTML)

font-family: foo, serif <replace foo with font list, change serif if other face as a fallback

Learn to use a stylesheet , it will make changes lots easier
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2021, 03:10 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See if https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EPub_Tutorial gives you some ideas on how epubs work

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote