Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-29-2011, 05:25 AM   #16
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
it does not brick the device. it make it faster. Pablob, can you post the mirror on top post?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:03 AM   #17
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
pablob, the fact this is *only* for the PE needs to be spelled out in the thread heading, the one people see on the index page - not just the heading for the first post.

It would also be a help if it was also in the name of the file as well.

We are getting a large number of update files available here, most of them do not state which device they are for which will continue to give problems as new people use the wrong file to flash their unit.

Yes, I know the majority of people here have a PE and those of us with the EE tend to be ignored but please don't make it harder for everyone by using confusing file names and thread headings.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #18
pablob
Connoisseur
pablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheese

Device: OnyxBook M96, enTourage Pocket eDGe (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
pablob, the fact this is *only* for the PE needs to be spelled out in the thread heading, the one people see on the index page - not just the heading for the first post.

It would also be a help if it was also in the name of the file as well.

We are getting a large number of update files available here, most of them do not state which device they are for which will continue to give problems as new people use the wrong file to flash their unit.

Yes, I know the majority of people here have a PE and those of us with the EE tend to be ignored but please don't make it harder for everyone by using confusing file names and thread headings.
I did not notice at the beginning, and then I changed the title of the original post, but I haven't found a way to change the title of the thread. How do I do that?

I do apologize for the filename, when I named it I did not even have the EE in mind...

MasterTec: Would you be able to add a "PE" to the filename?
pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #19
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

easiest way. name the zip name:
PocketEdge_ONLY_golden_ermine_2.2_update.zip
if somebody does not notice this when change the name to update.zip than they deserve borking!!
Old 11-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #20
vicinc
Guru

how is going with building a fully comprehensive rom inc. gapps and allmine?
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #21
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
The updated link is here:

(Right Click/Save As)
http://www.ympsa.com/edge/PEONLYGoldenErmine.zip

I'll also edit my previous post.
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #22
pablob
Connoisseur
pablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheese

Thanks MasterTec!

I have also updated my link, using vivinc's suggested name.

The Allmine version is coming along, but slowly. I haven't had that much time to work on it lately. :-(
Old 11-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #23
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablob View Post
I did not notice at the beginning, and then I changed the title of the original post, but I haven't found a way to change the title of the thread. How do I do that?

I do apologize for the filename, when I named it I did not even have the EE in mind...

MasterTec: Would you be able to add a "PE" to the filename?
I think you would have to ask one of the mods to do it.

I must also thank you for changing the file name. If someone with an EE does try and use it then vicinc is correct, they deserve all they get.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:37 PM   #24
NZMainlander
NZMainlander began at the beginning.

Device: PocketEdge
How to install Golden Ermine Update

Hi. I have just been given a pocket edge as a gift. I have done nothing more at this stage other than start the machine up and try to register. It seems that this isn't possible as everything Entourage is shut down. I have got past that and have started to play and investigate whats out there on the internet to enhance this PE. Your Golden Ermine update sounds great and I have downloaded the zip file to my pc. Do you have a set of instructions for me to follow to upgrade to Ermine using your zip file? Thank you.
NZMainlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:16 PM   #25
pablob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZMainlander View Post
Hi. I have just been given a pocket edge as a gift. I have done nothing more at this stage other than start the machine up and try to register. It seems that this isn't possible as everything Entourage is shut down. I have got past that and have started to play and investigate whats out there on the internet to enhance this PE. Your Golden Ermine update sounds great and I have downloaded the zip file to my pc. Do you have a set of instructions for me to follow to upgrade to Ermine using your zip file? Thank you.
Welcome here NZMainlander!

I would recommend you to become familiar with how the update system works before using this zipfile. Have at hand the Dingo Golden update (just in case), and be familiar with the procedure to downgrade to Dingo (in case things go wrong). Then, make yourself familiar with the standard procedure for upgrades (check the sticky thread for new owners for that). Then, the procedure will be obvious:

1) Copy the zip file to a (smallish) USB drive or MicroSD card, renaming it to "update.zip" (and not update.zip.zip or things like that).
2) Turn off the PE and connect the MicroSD card or USB drive.
3) Turn on the PE, while holding "Menu" and "Rotate" down for at least ten seconds. Then, release the buttons.
4) After a few minutes, an upgrade screen should appear. If it doesn't appear after about 10 minutes, use a paper clip to reset the PE and try again with a different medium (MicroSD if you used USB and viceversa, or a smaller USB drive).
5) The upgrade should take several minutes. If everything goes right, the PE will reboot into Ermine (note: it will ask you to calibrate the Reader screen after the reboot). If there is a problem, the PE will shutdown. If it shuts down, you will have to re-flash with the Dingo Golden update to recover the device (that's why I recommend that you get familiar with it). Also, if it fails please post here the "update.log" file from the update medium.
6) If things work out, you might want to check the "Allmine" thread.

Good luck!
Old 12-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #26
flyred77
Enthusiast
flyred77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Market Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablob View Post
Hi everyone!

This is the as-released Ermine 0.9, I did not add anything else, although I don't think that will be hard. Also, in this one there is about 500 MiB for the library and about 2.5 GiB for apps . That is also configurable in the update.sh file for courageous people.
Could you please add the market fix that uses the gapps.zip also? It seems to work perfectly every time, but the current fix cannot be applied over your build cause it blows up the system.

Thanks
flyred77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #27
flyred77
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyred77 View Post
Could you please add the market fix that uses the gapps.zip also? It seems to work perfectly every time, but the current fix cannot be applied over your build cause it blows up the system.

Thanks
OR maybe add your partitioning fix to the original "Golden" and release it as a different version for those that want partition changes. Either of these solutions would finally give me everything I need!
Old 12-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #28
pablob
Connoisseur

Quote:

Thanks
That's in progress, but moving slowly because of general busyness.

I find it strange that you cannot install the Allmine update in your PE, since I installed it on mine (after using my build, of course ) and it works for me (except for missing applications in the Market, which I don't know if it's a partitioning issue or a Market issue).

What kind of "blow up" do you see? Do you have the corresponding update.log file?
Old 12-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #29
flyred77
Enthusiast

No Log

Sorry, I did not save everything, but I will try your build again, then allmine. On the first try it would boot and come back up to the original setup screen, but would immediately say the setup module had quit running and asked me to force a close.

I would tap Forsce Close and the cycle would start over again. I will try it all over again and see what happens!
Old 12-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #30
pablob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Sorry, I did not save everything, but I will try your build again, then allmine. On the first try it would boot and come back up to the original setup screen, but would immediately say the setup module had quit running and asked me to force a close.

I would tap Forsce Close and the cycle would start over again. I will try it all over again and see what happens!
One thing to keep in mind. Before installing Allmine boot the new Ermine system and do the calibration of the e-reader. Just in case, save the "update.log" file from the update media to another place (or just rename it; if you don't do anything the Allmine upgrade will overwrite it). Then, shut down and install Allmine as usual. That's what I did and it worked for me. Of course, every device seems to be its own world sometimes...