Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
My Violent Heart
My Violent Heart began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo @ Android Tablet
Kobo Reader - Error communicating with device

I'm having a problem with this device I just bought it a couple days ago ( Kobo Reader) just to have until I order an android tablet pc and Calibre dectected it the first time I connected it to the computer but would not send books to device so I disconnected and tried doing it again and now I just keep getting this message Can anyone Help? It does this with version 0.7.50 & 0.7.52

Thank You

calibre, version 0.7.50
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Errno 13] Permission denied: 'M:\\driveinfo.calibre'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 64, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 297, in _get_device_information
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 95, in get_device_information
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 83, in _update_driveinfo_file
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'M:\\driveinfo.calibre'
My Violent Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
your db is messed up, could have happened if you unplugged your kobo without ejecting it properly.
go to your menu on the kobo and advanced and factory reset.

when that's done fill out the info and plug it into the pc and calibre will detect your device and you will be able to send books to and delete books from your device.

be sure to eject properly from the pc or calibre.

to eject properly go to my computer and find kobo reader, right click it and click on eject.

i've come across this several times but have a good system now, haven't had any problems since i started doing it this way.

hope that helps.

unfortunately you'll have to reload any books that you've had on there already but that really is no biggy if they're all loaded in calibre already.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
My Violent Heart

siraks Thank you for the help.

Even after resetting the reader I am still having problems with it it will detect it sometimes and let me send books but when I eject it the books are not on the device.

????????????????????
Old 03-30-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
My Violent Heart

OK I just got it to save to the main memory and it worked fine but it still doesn't want to save to the storage sd card for some reason any suggestions on this.

Thank you
Old 03-31-2011, 08:00 AM   #5
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
hmm the only time i played with an sd card was to just put the sd card into my card reader on my pc and drag and drop any books i wanted to put on there.
then when i put the sd into the kobo it processed and added the books.
i even took the sd out and then back in to see if it saved my spots and it did.

that's the only experience i have with sd cards. i have a bunch of books and still have 1gb of space available on my kobo so i see no need for an sd card just yet.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert