Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 05-30-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Webster, Jean: The Four-Pools Mystery. v1. 30 May 07

This has an intersting title, and I thought it might be a good mystery. In doing some research, I learned that the author - Jean Webster - was very attuned to the social conditions of her era. (1876-1916). Her most famous novel is Daddy Long-Legs.

Webster is a writer who's studied in academia, but this mystery may be only a minor work, compared to the bestselling Long-Legs. Her main concern, I feel, was the socio-economic conditions of Place.

Author Background:
"Alice's mother was niece to Mark Twain, and her father was Twain's business manager and subsequently publisher of many of his books through the Charles L. Webster Publishing, founded in 1884."

I hope you enjoy it -- and tell us what this is about!

Don

I should stress that I haven't read this.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf The Four-Pools Mystery.lrf (266.2 KB, 1050 views)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-30-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote