Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
hollyahook
hollyahook began at the beginning.

Device: none
Tempest, a YA Fantasy for $0.99 (Reviews Needed!)

Tempest

By Holly A. Hook

Sixteen-year-old Janelle never thought the gray spiral birthmark on her arm meant anything special. That is, until she meets Gary, a boy her age with a birthmark exactly like hers. Gary’s attractive, brooding, and perfectly normal…except for the fact that he materialized out of a dangerous hurricane right in front of her. Janelle’s certain of only one thing. Gary’s mark—and hers, too—mean something, but he’s reluctant to tell her what.

At last she squeezes the truth from Gary about their markings. And the truth is utterly terrifying: Janelle and Gary are more connected to the destructive power of nature than she ever dreamed possible. And learning the truth about herself is only the start of her nightmare.

Last edited by hollyahook; 11-14-2010 at 03:40 PM.
hollyahook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome, hollyahook, to MobileRead.

You'll find this a great place to share thoughts about ebooks, ebook Readers, and general ebook discussions. We hope you will join in and become a part of our community.

You'll find a link to our Posting Guidelines located at the top of each page. If you have any questions, please PM myself or another Moderator.

Remember: HAVE FUN!

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, hollyahook

Click on my line for the "introduce yourself" link so we can welcome you properly.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
hollyahook

I'd like to post this review I received on Amazon yesterday.

"This book is excellent from its exciting start to its unexpected ending - it was impossible to put down. The opening scene takes place in Florida, where Janelle, a 16 year old recent transplant from Michigan, is trying to understand why her father is acting so weird... and when we find out, it's pretty amazing. It has a lot to do with Hurricane Gary, which is threatening their lives, though Janelle's father doesn't seem to notice or care. This book takes Y/A paranormal in a whole new direction. I've never read anything in this genre quite so fresh, unique, fun and exciting. It also works in some interesting environmental themes, and the writing itself is beautiful.

Janelle and all of the other characters are believable, interesting, and complex. The twist at the end, and the way the book resolves - well, I don't want to give anything away, but it's nothing you would expect. I highly recommend this book - you will be pulled in from start to finish with this new twist on Y/A paranormal fantasy."
Old 12-18-2010, 10:50 PM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I just finished reading "Tempest" and it is a fun and engaging Young Adult novel. I reviewed it on my blog.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:15 PM   #6
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
On my "to buy" list. Love YA fiction.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #7
hollyahook

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it. (Sorry it took me so long to respond.)