Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-02-2008, 12:41 AM   #1
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
New freebie from harper collins

The 6th freebie from harper collins is now available at harpercollinsebooks.com.
It called Emissaries from the Dead: Andrea Court Series Book 1.

Do I feel the hot wind of Dante's Inferno blowing across my neck for downloading outside the US
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:57 AM   #2
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Thanks
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:47 AM   #3
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Got it thx
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
carrie
Enthusiast
carrie doesn't littercarrie doesn't littercarrie doesn't litter

Device: BeBook
Darnit!

It won't let me download. Keeps telling me that I don't have the right software.

Oh well, I'll go find other free books
carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:13 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie View Post
It won't let me download. Keeps telling me that I don't have the right software.
These are free, but not DRM-free. If you bought the MicroSoft (LIT) version, it is only downloadable using Windows Internet Explorer and you must have an activated version of MS Reader. If you bought the Adobe version you must have Adobe Digital Editions. If you bought the MobiPocket version you need to register the MobiPocket PID for a computer/device.

As you say, this may be more hassle than the ebook is worth if you don't normally deal with DRM-ridden ebooks.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:39 AM   #6
carrie
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
These are free, but not DRM-free. If you bought the MicroSoft (LIT) version, it is only downloadable using Windows Internet Explorer and you must have an activated version of MS Reader. If you bought the Adobe version you must have Adobe Digital Editions. If you bought the MobiPocket version you need to register the MobiPocket PID for a computer/device.

As you say, this may be more hassle than the ebook is worth if you don't normally deal with DRM-ridden ebooks.
I have an activated version of MS reader. Darn thing. But hey one book won't make a diff, I'll read something else.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #7
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like a problem with the .lit version of the ebook as the PDF version works fine on my Sony Reader.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie View Post
I have an activated version of MS reader.
I downloaded the LIT version of Emissaries from the Dead. I got an error when buying the ebook (not surprising, since I was running FireFox), but it showed up in "my library" at HaperCollins and I was able to download it using Internet Explorer.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:23 PM   #9
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Nevermind I found it.

Last edited by jerryleejr; 11-11-2008 at 10:34 PM.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:30 PM   #10
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Here you go.

http://www.harpercollinsebooks.com/E...EOSPRMO_050508
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:44 AM   #11
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Since this is the 6th one and I guess I just got the first and 6th one do you know if you can still get 2-5?

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:35 AM   #12
carrie
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I downloaded the LIT version of Emissaries from the Dead. I got an error when buying the ebook (not surprising, since I was running FireFox), but it showed up in "my library" at HaperCollins and I was able to download it using Internet Explorer.
Downloaded the PDF version in the end!!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #13
tech_au
Oz Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Since this is the 6th one and I guess I just got the first and 6th one do you know if you can still get 2-5?

JJ
They are available for 2 months each and after that time its "show me the money" if you want them
I missed the first 3 as I didn't have my Sony reader then. Does anyone remember what the first 3 were ?
They are a bit of a curse because I liked City of Pearl by Karen Traviss (freebie no4) and now I am going to have to buy the rest of the series to continue the story
Old 11-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #14
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
I seem to have missed one of them (#5, it looks like). The first three were (in no particular order):
Sara Douglass-Serpent Bride,
Raymond Feist-Flight of the Nighthawks,
Robin Hobb-Shaman's Crossing

Last edited by Gudy; 11-12-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:05 PM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Got it!

Thank you.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote