Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
EttieG1
EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Best Platform for Single Product

Can someone recommend a fairly simple platform/marketplace to set up a simple webpage for a single book? I have it on Amazon, et al - but I'm finding places where a storefront might be more effective.

Many thanks.
EttieG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It would help to know what your goal is? What do you think is more effective about a store front? That could help steer you.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Try Weebly or WordPress. These are both simple ways to set up and manage your own web sites.

Many of my clients use them and they work great.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
Lazer
Groupie
Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I've heard good things about WordPress. I've had a web page up for about six months and it has absolutely helped my sales –but I don't sell from the website. Since I designed my pages using Apples native iWeb I ended up choosing Rage web hosting (http://www.ragesw.com/webhosting.php) since it's more Mac compatible. I think I'm paying about $12 a month for it if I recall.

I found the process rather simple and have logged 116 web hits this month.

TL
Lazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
EttieG1
EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EttieG1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I started working on it using weebly around Christmas, but have just now been able to polish it some. I'll include the link, and would love any feedback.

I do hate that it still strikes me as quite generic in style, but I'm sure that's from me being a first-timer who's also approaching 70. Is it 70 or 75? I forget. Any tips on ways to improve the site would be much appreciated. I do plan to have it link directly from my domain, and will probably keep working with weebly for now.

Hearing about Rage from Lazer gave me second thoughts as I use a Mac as well, but I'd already dove into another pool.

Currently I'm learning about keywords and SEO. It's tough to dig through the noise to find the signal. But then I'm probably preaching to the choir on that.

Many thanks and all the best -

Ettie

[Promotion deleted - MODERAT0R]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-06-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #6
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EttieG1 View Post
Thanks for all the advice everyone. ------

Ettie

[Promotion deleted - MODERAT0R]
Check other people's posts to see how non-promotion advertising is done.
(A name would help also.)

For your avatar, a book cover is neat as well.

Last edited by frahse; 01-06-2013 at 01:13 PM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #7
EttieG1

Unsure of process- What doesn't Promo?

Many thanks,

Ettie

Last edited by EttieG1; 01-06-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: incomplete
Old 01-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EttieG1 View Post
Can someone recommend a fairly simple platform/marketplace to set up a simple webpage for a single book? I have it on Amazon, et al - but I'm finding places where a storefront might be more effective.

Many thanks.
Which stores are et al?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote