Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Writer2ePub

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 02:16 AM   #1
marieseltenrych
marieseltenrych began at the beginning.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Unhappy Greenish images

Hi,

I have just uploaded my title in RTF format to Calibre. It seems fine, except that the images now appear greenish instead of RGB normal. What went wrong?
I also uploaded the document in PDF format and the images jumped from their places. What can be done?
I am trying to get my title into an epub format for uploading and I just can't do it. Help!
marieseltenrych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by marieseltenrych View Post
Hi,

I have just uploaded my title in RTF format to Calibre. It seems fine, except that the images now appear greenish instead of RGB normal. What went wrong?
I also uploaded the document in PDF format and the images jumped from their places. What can be done?
I am trying to get my title into an epub format for uploading and I just can't do it. Help!
PDF is the worst format to convert from (see the PDF conversion sticky over at Calibre forum)
PDF is a Page layout format. Paste down basic text, now paste down special Text/rules, now paste down images.

These can be anywhere on a Page. and anywhere in the source file . Because the printer gets the full rastered page, it does not matter the order laid down.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I downloaded the latest version from your web site and got the following error message with LibreOffice 3.4.0:

Code:
Error 423: Property or method not found: Drawpages.
At line : 210
The folder structure is created correctly, but no html files were written to the Text folder.

Is your extension compatible with LibreOffice?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:46 AM   #4
marieseltenrych

Question Greenish images and utter frustration

Thanks Mees Cat,

I appreciate your post. I am totally frustrated with the different ebook software.
I am still in crazy land with this title. Somehow it just won't upload to Lulu, no matter what I try. [about 200 different versions now]. The same original document uploaded to Smashwords a few months ago and has been downloaded 30,000 times. What software can Smashwords be using that is so good? I will try something else now.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
PDF is the worst format to convert from (see the PDF conversion sticky over at Calibre forum)
PDF is a Page layout format. Paste down basic text, now paste down special Text/rules, now paste down images.

These can be anywhere on a Page. and anywhere in the source file . Because the printer gets the full rastered page, it does not matter the order laid down.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marieseltenrych View Post
Thanks Mees Cat,

I appreciate your post. I am totally frustrated with the different ebook software.
I am still in crazy land with this title. Somehow it just won't upload to Lulu, no matter what I try. [about 200 different versions now]. The same original document uploaded to Smashwords a few months ago and has been downloaded 30,000 times. What software can Smashwords be using that is so good? I will try something else now.

Thanks again.
If the Smashwords version looks good, convert that.

Smashwords uses their own 'Meatgrinder' and uses DOC files.
Open Office with Writer2EPUB PI will convert DOC to EPUB
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
marieseltenrych

Hi theducks, Meese Cat, Thank you so much for your input. I did try OO with 2 epub extension, but it paused, etc. I have since removed this software from my computer as it caused me a headache!
Good news: Since then I have made a discovery about uploading of versions to Lulu. I just had a hunch, because of the Image message [no images were in the document]: I went through the document, removed all borders around my jpg images. Next time I uploaded a doc file and it worked! I could not believe it. I have posted this problem on Lulu community, for other frustrated writers.
Thank you for all the help you have been. We can only learn from each other and try to move forward. For me, it's a major breakthrough with Lulu because I have about 7 other titles there to reformat into epub and get them out there. My Smashwords edition is still being downloaded strongly. My account seems more every time I log in there. Thanks to Mark Coker, this was a big breakthrough for my creations. I owe him big time.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Hi all

W2E is not a file converter, but an ePub creator.
This means that some formatting used in documents, expecially in Word documents, can be lost.
When you create a document for W2E, please take care to use only the supported styles, avoid frames (is probally the cause of the image border problems) and keep clean the text as possible.
Many feuture often used in .doc files are meaningless in ePub, and can create problems in W2E.

Anyway, sending to me the original files causing problems can help to solve bugs.

Thanks

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
Hi all

W2E is not a file converter, but an ePub creator.

Luke
Open Office is really the 'converter' phase, the your plugin does the rest and it does a fine job where Calibre can't even touch a DOC file.
Bravo
Old 06-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Update:

The current W2E version now can:

– retain origina images (as alternative to convert to jpg)
– use personal styles (stile's name must start with w2e_ )

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
colour of images, images