Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
I have a dog!

For as long as I have known him, my husband has loved dogs, and wanted a dog. I'm a cat person, so I'm against dogs by nature. They're too clingy, too demanding, and too much effort... cats are less work, but as big a reward. It's to his credit that he indulged my demands for cats while suffering without a dog, but after the second one finally was friends with the first cat, he demanded his due. Our next pet would be a dog. I agreed, since he'd allowed me to have my two cats, and a few months later, we adopted a black lab puppy.

I did my best to help, and to share in the house breaking work and the training, since he was helpful with my cats, but it's still his dog.

And then I had this horrible, painful, devastatingly stressful day at work... the kind of day that make you want to use a baseball bat on your co-workers. So on my way home I called my husband, to vent and get sympathy, and when I got home, guess who was waiting for me right inside the door? A glowing, bouncing, ecstatic, beyond thought super-happy little dog, who literally threw herself at me, while her tail was wagging so hard she had difficulties balancing her "assault".

It's really hard to be unhappy when you're greeted by someone who is so happy to see you. I'm pretty sure that I don't even have to be nice to her as long as I notice her, and as long as I give her attention, she will keep loving me. That's kind of touching.

So while I'm still a cat person in all ways that matter, I make an exception for my puppy-girl. She's my dog, so that makes her superior to other dogs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0813.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	88672  

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 07-03-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Changed oversized graphic to an attachment.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Awwwww, what a sweetie!

I'll admit, it's easier to have a cat, as long as you don't get squicked out about the litter box.

But there's nothing like the love a dog gives!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2012, 01:16 AM   #3
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
She looks like a lovely girl. What soulful eyes.
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:22 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
One of my sons has a black lab mix. Very friendly guy and his tail is always wagging.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Black labs are super good friends - even to cat persons. All they want is love, food, and someone to throw their ball.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Black labs are super good friends - even to cat persons. All they want is love, food, and someone to throw their ball.
This one also wants someone to hold the other end of her knotted rope while she tugs at it, and she wants a lap to sleep on when she's tired. My husband says black labs grow to be quite big, so I'm a little worried about her lapdog habit. I'm hoping it's a part of the baby phase and that she'll outgrow it before she outweighs me...
Old 07-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #7
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a little lapdog, and when he was a pup, he DID NOT want to be in my lap.
He wanted to be off on an adventure, looking for trouble.

I would stubbornly pull him into my lap, against his will, every chance I had.
Now, he's 4 y/o and most times, I find him in my lap, with no idea when he parked there.

Maybe your new bestie needs a dog bed on the floor?
Old 07-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #8
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald07 View Post
Maybe your new bestie needs a dog bed on the floor?
She has her own bed. She just prefers a lap.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
She is adoreable.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #10
Wald07
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
She has her own bed. She just prefers a lap.
Ya. Mine too. Though, sometimes he'll be curled up napping. But he ususally prefers the sofa. Or even better yet on top of a pillow ON the sofa!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #11
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
As your lab pup grows up, and your lap doesn't grow, you will eventually end up with a drooling head on your thigh and big brown eyes fixed on your face ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #12
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
As your lab pup grows up, and your lap doesn't grow, you will eventually end up with a drooling head on your thigh and big brown eyes fixed on your face ....
And a tail that still won't stop (be sure to clear off the end-tables of anything valuable)!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #13
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
Welcome to the wonderful world of unconditional love. Your life will never be the same again.
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #14
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Note to self; Invest in plastic lap covers. Drool eeeeewww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
And a tail that still won't stop (be sure to clear off the end-tables of anything valuable)!
Oh, I already learned that. She's teething, so every single item within reach gets grabbed and viciously chewed on. She demolished a paperback yesterday...
Old 07-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #15
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
This one also wants someone to hold the other end of her knotted rope while she tugs at it, and she wants a lap to sleep on when she's tired. My husband says black labs grow to be quite big, so I'm a little worried about her lapdog habit. I'm hoping it's a part of the baby phase and that she'll outgrow it before she outweighs me...
Oh, yes, I'm sure she'll outgrow it in no time

She's lovely. There's nothing better than a dog that's happy to see you!! Congrats.

Tracey
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iPhoto-20120703-175301.jpg.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	88674  
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote