Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #4471
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
I WANT that.
Hmmmmmmmm.
The wife said "No more Mass Effect stuff", but she didn't say anything about Harry...
Will that loophole keep me out of the doghouse?
Does it matter? Or should I ask, is it worth being in the doghouse?
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:30 PM   #4472
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool go for it...

Quote:
I WANT that.
Hmmmmmmmm.
The wife said "No more Mass Effect stuff", but she didn't say anything about Harry...
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Does it matter? Or should I ask, is it worth being in the doghouse?

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2014, 12:32 PM   #4473
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
I WANT that.
Hmmmmmmmm.

Make sure you also get an action figure of Mouse - this way you have some company in the dog house. Just make sure the dog house is big enough.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:22 PM   #4474
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Frankenstein & Dresden Files: Review-a-Day #89

Uploaded on May 18, 2009 by Comic Book Club

Today's show has reviews for Dean Koontz's Frankenstein: Prodigal Son, and Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files: Welcome To The Jungle.

Last edited by alansplace; 09-05-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #4475
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Fan Art - Harry & Thomas

Advert
Old 09-05-2014, 08:14 PM   #4476
BuyMore
Lurker extraordinaire
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
I WANT that.
Hmmmmmmmm.
Lol. I don't think Harry = Mass Effect stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Quote:

Not bad. I like the color.
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:12 PM   #4477
Melon Soda
★ Enjoy Your Reads! ★
Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Desktop
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
I think I'm sold. Reading the Dresden files will be a welcome contrast to the type of books that's dominating my reading time. I'll definitely read book 2 this or next month.
Have lots of fun reading book 2 and then 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.....

Quote:
I WANT that.
Hmmmmmmmm.
Resistance is futile.

Quote:
Uploaded on May 18, 2009 by Comic Book Club

Today's show has reviews for Dean Koontz's Frankenstein: Prodigal Son, and Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files: Welcome To The Jungle.
I have read Frankenstein by Dean Koontz and I actually enjoyed reading it. I was pretty wistful when it ended so fast. But when it comes to the Fantasy genre, nothing beats Harry and the Dresden Files!! I hope it doesn't end for another 10 or 20 or 30 more books lmao.

And that Thomas looks better than the other one.
Melon Soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:19 AM   #4478
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I WANT that.
Hmmmmmmmm.
It's more like to mean an extended stay in doghouse.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #4479
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon Soda View Post
I hope it doesn't end for another 10 or 20 or 30 more books lmao.
I hope it does have an end in say 15 or at most 20 years. But I have the feeling that the author has so much left unsaid, that a last book will artificially try to wrap up all the threads unsatisfactorily. That what happens to most long running titles. But I need to read more before I venture in conjecture again.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #4480
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Harry Doesn't Wear A Hat

Published on May 4, 2014 by Tower of Turtles Films

THE DRESDEN FILES is copyright Jim Butcher. RED SUN, NIGHT LIGHT, The BILLY BLOGS and all related SHORTS are licensed under the Creative Commons as derivative, non-commercial fiction.

Tower of Turtles. Our geekery knows no bounds.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #4481
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
We should boycott Jim Butcher until he does an appearance in Boston.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #4482
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
I hope it does have an end in say 15 or at most 20 years. But I have the feeling that the author has so much left unsaid, that a last book will artificially try to wrap up all the threads unsatisfactorily. That what happens to most long running titles. But I need to read more before I venture in conjecture again.
Often true, but in this case I doubt it. Oh, for sure there will be threads remaining open, just like in real life. However, he is already planning the final trilogy for some time. That makes it reasonable that he should be able to make a nice finish with closure.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #4483
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Often true, but in this case I doubt it. Oh, for sure there will be threads remaining open, just like in real life. However, he is already planning the final trilogy for some time. That makes it reasonable that he should be able to make a nice finish with closure.
He's not only got the finishing trilogy planned, but also has all major plot elements planned and written down. The story is already complete - Jim just needs to fill in the details. It should take around 10 more books to get to the end.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #4484
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool action figure of Mouse

Quote:
I WANT that.
Hmmmmmmmm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post

Make sure you also get an action figure of Mouse - this way you have some company in the dog house. Just make sure the dog house is big enough.

Available from

Old 09-07-2014, 01:53 AM   #4485
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
He's not only got the finishing trilogy planned, but also has all major plot elements planned and written down. The story is already complete - Jim just needs to fill in the details. It should take around 10 more books to get to the end.

The important thing is that an author has a plan, knows where he is going and when and how to end it.

If he just keeps writing books until "I've gotta end this stupid thing already", well, dragging a series past its sell-by date is never a good idea.

Jim has a goal in mind -- I am confident he will do a good job.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy