Notices

Old 10-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
Kolfe
Enthusiast
Kolfe began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Can i register my nook out of US?

Hi,

I live outside of US and just bought a nook that my brother is going to bring me from US next week.

My question is : Can i register my nook from my country? Or i have to ask my brother to register it for me?

I already have a barnes and nobñle account, and i want to register to read my B&N books that my brother will buy for me from US where he lives.

I have read everything in the posts from "I can't register my nook out of US" to " Since firmware 1.2 you can register your nook internationally" passing by "I have a c7850 error and my nook just banged"

What is your experience on this on firmware 1.4?

Any help guys?

Thanks!
Kolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
I had no problem with registering my nook via my wi-fi connection here in Australia.
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
Kolfe
Enthusiast

And what firmware do you havad when you registered it? 1.4?
Old 10-24-2010, 02:02 AM   #4
cypresstwist
Nooking in Romania
cypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't litter

Device: Nook WiFi
I registered my Nook from Romania with no problem. It runs firmware version 1.4.
cypresstwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:30 AM   #5
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

I was running 1.3 and I have upgraded to 1.4 again without any problems via my wi-fi
Advert
Old 10-24-2010, 08:35 AM   #6
Kolfe
Enthusiast

Thanks Fellas!

Now, do you know if one registered, updates are automatically? Or you have the option to decide if you can update or not?
Old 10-25-2010, 05:51 AM   #7
iandix
Addict

My nook updated to 1.4 as soon as I turned my wi-fi connection on.. I normally have wi-fi turned off to save battery power.

Yes you can tell it not to update
Old 02-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
Inkwell
Inkwell began at the beginning.

Registering in AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
I had no problem with registering my nook via my wi-fi connection here in Australia.
Hi,
I know this is ages old but I am in OZ as well and can't register my Nook.
Called the support line and they said "You have to be in the US to register."
Sounds like bl00dy tripe to me.
Any pointers?
Thanks
Inkwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #9
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I registered last week from Australia. Sounds very wrong. Maybe do a full reset? Was it second hand and someone else still has it registered!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:20 PM   #10
Mae.flood
Mae.flood began at the beginning.

Device: none
I was actually thinking about buying a nookcolour and I'm from Canada, and I was wondering the same thing-I received 3 different answers from 3 different Nook reps. The last thing I was told was that your IP address doesnt matter, nor does your registration address (as long as you register your nook with an American address; however, your credit card that you use, has to be an American Credit card (with an American billing address). That was my last insight on the subject, hence I'm currently without a NookColour....I hope you have discovered your answer, if so, please let me know how you made out-(unless you're not from Canada, then I guess the answer doesn't apply.) lol

Last edited by Mae.flood; 02-13-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Mae.flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:31 AM   #11
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I don't have an American credit card, but a USA address is in my account and I have had goods shipped there.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #12
ibdave
ibdave began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I live in Canada. I set up my BN account with a valid US address even though it's not mine and my cr card as 'use the same billing address' although this is not my cr card billing address. Everything works using public wifi like at Second Cup coffee shop. Can purchase BN books and down load them etc. My IP address does not seem to make any difference. The charges appear on my cr card bill like any other charge.

The only thing I discovered, using public wifi I needed to use the web browser selection and ticking off the site's "I agree" button to what ever rules which I never read.
ibdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #13
Mae.flood
Mae.flood began at the beginning.

Device: none
ibdave, not that i'm doubting you, but you're the first person to give me all the answers i want to hear...waaaayy too good to be true! lol I've had such a hard time getting a straight forward answer (or atleast one i've liked-or wanted to hear) lol

Thanks a bunch for that!!!
Mae.flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:17 AM   #14
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Maybe it works better for Candians than for Europeans. At least this particular European...
I have a US address, use that as the credit card billing address. They do accept my credit card, BUT when trying to get an order through it doesn't work while I'm in Europe with a European IP (I can't be bothered with VPN). It has nothing to do with the credit card, cause I can't even get the freebies.
Hoping it works better for you though!
(And really, to me it's no big deal. I don't actually have a Nook YET (I will in a while), but I've done lots of checking around. If I find a good priced book at BN it's usually same price or lower at Sony's store that DOES work for me. Most of my books I actually borrow from libraries. Free and convenient!)
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #15
iandix
Addict

buying books you have to use a VPN service, they check the IP address. using a service like hotspotshield or alwaysVPN is very easy to do.