Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-31-2011, 11:08 AM   #46
Joywalker
Enthusiast
Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Joywalker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina182B View Post
Here are the pics from my etsy order. I'm really happy with my sleeve.
I like the look of this too. But is there a hard side on this sleeve? The screen is very fragile and I'm worried that it might be crushed if I placed the Kobo touch into my bag.
Joywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:21 AM   #47
Nina182B
Connoisseur
Nina182B began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Cybook Opus, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joywalker View Post
I like the look of this too. But is there a hard side on this sleeve? The screen is very fragile and I'm worried that it might be crushed if I placed the Kobo touch into my bag.
Bertie's closet had a lot of different designs. I had a hard time choosing. It's foam padded. When I touch it, I can feel the indentation of the screen (which I'm ok with), but maybe you want yours double foam padded. Since it's hand made, they'll probably do it for you if you ask.
Nina182B is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2011, 12:03 PM   #48
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Would you be able to cut a sheet of something hard like plastic or cardboard to insert between the screen & sleeve to protect the screen?
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:28 PM   #49
Nina182B
Connoisseur
Nina182B began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Cybook Opus, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
Would you be able to cut a sheet of something hard like plastic or cardboard to insert between the screen & sleeve to protect the screen?
Yes, I can insert a sheet of cardboard.
Nina182B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #50
barbieisagoddess
barbieisagoddess began at the beginning.

I'm looking for a silicone (rubber) slip on case for the Kobo Touch and I can't find one anywhere! Ex-point seems to have some listed on their website, but they are all out of stock. Does anyone know where I can find one of these? I've tried Chapters/Indigo online and they don't seem to have any. Will they be getting some of these made soon?
barbieisagoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2011, 06:33 PM   #51
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try checking BestBuy.ca for the "Werx Kobo Touch Gel Skin Case (KB-K2S-213B-CN) - Black" (although the picture shown is NOT a Touch!).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:13 PM   #52
nursedude
Zealot
nursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo (Original), KT, iPad 1, iPhone 4S, iPad 3rd gen
I just got the touch and bought the book style case from Chapters at the same time. Looks grat and fits well.
nursedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:15 AM   #53
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
This one looks quite nice:

http://www.casecrown.com/ebook-reade...gal-flip-black

Though I have some concerns that it could make the home button hard to access.
Just ordered one of these, will post my impressions plus a couple of photos when it arrives.

TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #54
HD10180
HD10180 began at the beginning.

Smile

Pictures of case for Kobo touch that I mentioned in my earlier post! Took a break from reading to play Sudoku!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KoboTouchCase1.JPG
Views:	536
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	75026   Click image for larger version

Name:	KoboTouchCase2.JPG
Views:	442
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	75027  

Last edited by HD10180; 08-01-2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Attachments did not show
HD10180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:14 AM   #55
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedJ View Post
Just ordered one of these, will post my impressions plus a couple of photos when it arrives.

Please let us know, I am wondering about the material overlapping the screen.
I think the photos at the web site are touched. All colors show the exact same textures.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #56
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I ordered two Case Crown covers last week, and my wife just informed me that they arrived today. She's extremely happy with it (I'll get my own hands-on after work). It looks like the hole for accessing the home button is larger than in the photos on the website.

The attached photo is my wife's Kobo in her new case (the smeary white bit is some contact information she put there that I obscured with Gimp).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0605_1.jpeg
Views:	631
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	75028  

Last edited by the.Mtn.Man; 08-01-2011 at 01:10 PM.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #57
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Thank you for the picture the.Mtn.Man

How tight does it fit? Is there any danger of falling out from the top if the case gets looser over time?
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #58
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I have to say, the Casecrown cover is excellent. The Kobo fits perfectly, and all the buttons and ports are accessible with the cover in place (with the exception of the reset hole, but in theory that's something you should only rarely have to use). The extra thickness makes the home button a bit more recessed, but it's still easy enough to press.

The inside of the cover is lined with a fuzzy material that seems to grip the rubberized surface of the Kobo and keeps it securely in place, so there's no danger of it accidentally slipping out. In fact, it's held so securely that it takes a bit of pushing and pulling to remove the cover.

The magnetic clasp on the front holds tightly and is unlikely to pop open by itself, and the case is flexible enough that the front flap can be folded behind for easier one-handed holding. On the inside of the front flap are pockets for an ID and credit cards (or whatever) and two larger pockets that could hold a folded piece of paper. I told my wife that it's enough to hold everything you need for a night on the town and then realized how geeky that sounds when my definition of "a night on the town" is sitting by myself in a restaurant and reading a book.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #59
know-one
Connoisseur
know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kOBO
Hahahaha! I'm still using a cd case and I put an elastic around to make sure it doesn't open. My friends laughed at me so much a week ago when they saw this. They said the elastic gave it a great sense of class!!!!
I paid a little fortune for the reader, the 16G card and I use a free post elastic to keep the thing from opening...
I'm in the category of being a "high-class-hobo".

"WILL WORK FOR EPUBS"
know-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #60
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
...realized how geeky that sounds when my definition of "a night on the town" is sitting by myself in a restaurant and reading a book.
That sounds like a fun evening to me!!!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel