Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
KookyKathy
KookyKathy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Red face Hack for screensavers on Kindle 2

I was interested in doing this, but sure dont want to mess up my Kindle. Have any of you done this, and did it seem to cause any problems? Please let me hear from you if you have time, as I am trying to make up my mind.
Thanks, KookyKathy
KookyKathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Please see the link in my sig on how to use the screensaver hack. I'm going to assume that you have the K2 International. Just make sure you use the correct .bin file for you Kindle. If you pick the wrong one it won't hurt your Kindle it just won't work (the option to update will be grayed out).

It's a very simple hack. Also make sure your Kindle is already updated to the 2.3 firmware. (home >> menu >> settings >>> look at the bottom of the screen for the version number.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi KookyKathy and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
dkb
ebook enthusiast
dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle 2, iPhone, Sony PRS-350, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
Yes, I have used the hack and judging from this forum and others, so have a lot of people. I don't have the International version. I only had one problem. I used the hack before 2.3 came out. I knew that the update wouldn't work with the hack so I wasn't going to bother with the update. But Amazon kept trying to push the update to my Kindle. That would cause my Kindle to reboot when the update failed. That was annoying so I removed the hack, got the update and then put the hack back on.

It was all fairly easy and I like having my own personal screen savers.
dkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:00 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why is the slidshow called a screensaver when an eink screen does not need saving?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why is the slidshow called a screensaver when an eink screen does not need saving?
Please don't start this again. We've been over and over this.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote