Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Putting pants on! Really, choose all that apply...
Right leg first 8 25.81%
Left leg first 13 41.94%
One leg at a time, like everyone else! 9 29.03%
Both legs, same time! (I'm athletic!) 5 16.13%
Pants? I should be wearing pants? 10 32.26%
Over my underwear, silly. 11 35.48%
Only while in PORTUGAL! or SPAIN and when in close proximity to the blue fish 9 29.03%
Adrian does it for me. 8 25.81%
Something else I will now proceed to explain via a post below. 5 16.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Putting your pants on!

As I lay here in my bed, on the internet, I am thinking of showering and getting dressed. So I got to thinking about how people do it. Get dressed that is. So here's your chance to share! (and I know you want to!) Choose all that apply!

CRIKEY!! Can some nice mod please fix my poll?? I said choose all that apply, but forgot to click "allow multiple postings" DOH!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Ummm, had never really thought about it. I will check when I get dressed tomorrow (10.45pm here so not getting dressed at the moment!)
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Putting your pants on!

Retry! (still haven't showered or gotten out of bed yet- soon! Made my kids get my computer and my power cord...)

(Phew, I was really worried I'd screw it up again, but I think I got it right this time... thanks Zee/Zed/Zelda!)

Last edited by GraceKrispy; 06-29-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Don't worry, it's not just you https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49636
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:08 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I would imagine how you put them on, left or right leg, would depend on if you are right or left handed.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 06:10 PM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I would imagine how you put them on, left or right leg, would depend on if you are right or left handed.......
I'm actually ambidextrous (although, over the years, I have developed a preference for one hand over another for certain activities). I'm told that's why I'm so freaking confused all the time. I guessed right leg though. I guess when I finally get dressed, I'll see if I'm right...
Old 06-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i prefer dresses. it's easier.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #8
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
you've forgotten standing up or sitting down
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Left leg first, and I am right handed (if anyone wants to correlate the correspondence of the two).

I am more interested in what "certain activities" GK developed a hand preference for?
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:34 PM   #10
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Left leg first, and I am right handed (if anyone wants to correlate the correspondence of the two).

I am more interested in what "certain activities" GK developed a hand preference for?
Ditto, both sentences.
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #11
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I thought about voting for
Quote:
Over my underwear, silly
for the silliness value, as pants are underwear in the UK. In the end I voted for Adrian does it for me, but only in Spain or Portugal near the fish; otherwise it's by telekinesis. Unless it's morning, in which case I put them on in the normal way after having proceeded withershins around the bedroom 3 1/2 times.

(There was a children's story I once read about a man who went off in search of someone who put their trousers on in a more silly way than his room-mate, who jumped into them. Or something like that. It was about 30 years ago or so that I last read it...)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #12
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Ditto, both sentences.
dang, I put on my pants after my shower and forgot to check which leg went in first! My kids are pretty much right handed and do the left leg first, I think, but that could be because I always held the left side (my right side) ready for them when they were little guys.

As for those certain activities... well, you'd better post a poll and find out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I thought about voting for for the silliness value, as pants are underwear in the UK. In the end I voted for Adrian does it for me, but only in Spain or Portugal near the fish; otherwise it's by telekinesis. Unless it's morning, in which case I put them on in the normal way after having proceeded withershins around the bedroom 3 1/2 times.

(There was a children's story I once read about a man who went off in search of someone who put their trousers on in a more silly way than his room-mate, who jumped into them. Or something like that. It was about 30 years ago or so that I last read it...)
AHA-- pants/underpants/underwear/panties == same in UK. Got it. I would assume that you'd put the same leg in first for underpants and overpants... wouldn't you? And I wonder how one would go about finding someone who put on trousers in a sillier way. hide in the wardrobe/closet? uh, "date" an awful lot of people of both sexes (date right into their bedroom) ? do a goofy poll on an ebook forum? The possibilities are endless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth1304 View Post
Don't worry, it's not just you https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49636

So glad it's not just me!
Old 06-29-2009, 07:32 PM   #13
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
you've forgotten standing up or sitting down
you're right! I did!! It never occured to me, actually. I stand, for the record. I do other things sitting down though.

Like, you know, socks....
Old 06-29-2009, 07:40 PM   #14
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
As for those certain activities... well, you'd better post a poll and find out!
Ah, c'mon, give us a hint. Like, when you "butter" your "toast", right or left hand?
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
you're right! I did!! It never occured to me, actually. I stand, for the record. I do other things sitting down though.

Like, you know, socks....
sitting down ? how is that even physically possible ? we are still talking about pants, right ? don't those go on your bum ? in other words, the thing you sit on ??
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote