Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 12:59 AM   #601
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by notimp View Post
I know that jbpatch interferes as little as possible with the native interface, but would it be possible fe to ad the click event to a menue item (without too much hassle)?
Sorry, I couldn't parse that. Please rephrase
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:34 AM   #602
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
Menu item as in "touch upper portion of the screen" have the menue interface show up, including the menu button in the upper right. Click on the menue button. Have multiple menue Items show up (Bookmark Page, ...). Could you add one item for the click event ("Change progress indicator") there?

The aim is to allow changing of the indicator without leaving the book itself.

If it isnt possible without the help of other modules, or it goes against your design principle for jbpatch feel free to say no.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2012, 03:36 AM   #603
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah... OK, I see.

I'm looking into it

Last edited by ixtab; 08-26-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:54 AM   #604
ixtab
(offline)

New version of progress bar patch

This new version can switch between the display styles while reading a book:

Click image for larger version

Name:	progressbar_change.png
Views:	649
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	91306

Download and more information here.

This should cover most of the previous comments. I know it's not ideal, but it's the best I could come up with, and I hope that you like it nevertheless.

By the way: this patch was originally developed because the person who requested it also supported JBPatch by donating.
Spoiler:

Yes, it's true. The donor simply asked for it in the message associated with the donation.

To clarify: this is not to say that I've suddenly turned into a greedy asshole who only develops patches if they are likely to bring some cash - rather, it simply means that I'm more likely to spend effort on requests coming from people that I appreciate.

Note that "appreciation" does not necessarily equal $$$. There are quite a few folks around here from whom I wouldn't even dare to ask for a donation, because of the incredible work that they are doing. But of course, I realize that not everybody can be active on the "development front". And in that case, a small donation makes the big difference between being a bystander and being a supporter.

Last edited by ixtab; 08-26-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #605
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yipee! dling right now. Btw. i might have donated also already, because I'm not a cheap *expletive*...

edit: Works great.

Last edited by notimp; 08-26-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Advert
Old 08-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #606
deeppans
deeppans began at the beginning.

Device: K5
ixtab

Is there any way to hide progress bar using Menu option?
deeppans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #607
ixtab
(offline)

The method to hide the progress bar is clearly documented.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #608
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
well donated money, had a family weekend and just updated jbpatch. THX!
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #609
ixtab
(offline)

Version 2.3.1

Version 2.3.1 is pretty much a "commodity" release. There are no functional changes to the JBPatch core, but the latest version of the progressbar patch is included now.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #610
flashmozzg
Enthusiast
flashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch
Is there a way to get rid of kindle margins in PDF files?
flashmozzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #611
notimp
Addict

What is this? Hidden camera? Punked? Just another internetuser who doesnt even bother looking through the pluginsettings once, before requesting free, personal, quality assistance? In a oneliner. Oh let me be of no assistance to you sire.

And if by any chance you already found the settings corresponding to the left and right margin of pdfs and are asking if regardless of them one could still influence the Kindles Autocut behavior which still leaves a small white border to the left and right of text, this question at best is a loaded one.

"Is there a way" suddenly becomes "make it work" without having the guts to ask it directly.

Last edited by notimp; 08-27-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #612
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashmozzg View Post
Is there a way to get rid of kindle margins in PDF files?
Ixtab's JBPatch has a patch to resize Kindle margins when reading either ebooks and PDFs. Install it carefully following instructions and enjoy this excellent work.

By the way if PDF has margins itself, to get rid of them you should modify it (for example, using Briss).

Last edited by pirl8; 08-27-2012 at 12:08 PM.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #613
notimp
Addict

Look flashmozzg has found someone who was willing to rtfm for him(/her?) and provide the answer without him having to move his little finger. Ah, isnt the internet a great place?

Gotta love overly helpful people. In mass. For free.

Spares one so much hassle...

But thank you for the Briss mention, it might help others out as well.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #614
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Isn't that the purpose of these public forums?
A place where you can ask a question and get a zillion people to google the answer for you rather than google for it yourself?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #615
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Look flashmozzg has found someone who was willing to rtfm for him(/her?) and provide the answer without him having to move his little finger. Ah, isnt the internet a great place?

Gotta love overly helpful people. In mass. For free.

Spares one so much hassle...

But thank you for the Briss mention, it might help others out as well.
No need for sarcastic hostility. Everybody acts like a noob sometimes. For example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Quote:
I have the same problem on a Kindle Touch. Calibre 0.8.52. And the workaround you described isn't working. The book still doesnt show up with a cover while you long press.

Furthermore I have some older mobi files on the same Kindle, also created with calibre which still show the cover as part of the metadata view.

So for me this sound more like a regression, than a bug on Amazons side. Please elaborate.
Sigh, how many times am I going to have to answer this question. Google is your friend.
Just because you got dissed for being a noob once does not mean that you have to pass it on.

And also dissing pirl8 for providing a useful answer, while you are at it? And your "in mass" seems to expand the scope of your disrespect to include other helpful souls here as well. Very disappointing behavior on your part.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-27-2012 at 01:42 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks