Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
lspowers
lspowers began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 101
How to Contact Calibre

I'm reading the FAQ for Calibre to get my device recognized and the FAQ says to send certain bits of info to them. To who? Where? I have no idea where to send info and can not find any email address. Anyone know where to send info to?
lspowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by lspowers View Post
I'm reading the FAQ for Calibre to get my device recognized and the FAQ says to send certain bits of info to them. To who? Where? I have no idea where to send info and can not find any email address. Anyone know where to send info to?
You do not send the information to an e-mail address. You upload the information to a website.

From the FAQ:

Follow these steps to find the problem:

* Make sure that you are connecting only a single device to your computer at a time. Do not have another calibre supported device like an iPhone/iPad etc. at the same time.
* Make sure you are running the latest version of calibre. The latest version can always be downloaded from http://calibre-ebook.com/download
* Ensure your operating system is seeing the device. That is, the device should be mounted as a disk that you can access using Windows explorer or whatever the file management program on your computer is
* In calibre, go to Preferences->Plugins->Device Interface plugin and make sure the plugin for your device is enabled.
* If all the above steps fail, go to Preferences->Miscellaneous and click debug device detection with your device attached and post the output as a ticket on http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lspowers View Post
Just including that info in this thread should work. The way to officially submit bugs, device requests, enhancements requests is explained here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote