Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Gift Guide: Tablet And E-Reader Buying Advice

I found this article here.
Spoiler: The best options, which are the only ones that are discussed are Kindle, Nookcolor, iPad and the Galaxy Tab.
Apparently Nookcolor is the strongest rival of the Kindle, and the author might not be aware of the fact that there is a Kindle app for the iPad:
Quote:
Students will find fewer textbooks available in Apple Inc.'s iBooks than in Amazon's Kindle store.
(the above statement is listed as one of the cons of the iPad)
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Doesn't look like they have too many options; I wonder why they didn't put any other readers or tablets? The micro cruz is smaller than the ipad but cost wise I think it's a pretty good deal.
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2010, 01:28 AM   #3
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
the author doesn't even mention the sony.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Another article about ereaders for Christmas, and this is less informative than the other even though it mentions more readers.

When I read
Quote:
Despite what you may think there are not that many ebook readers on the market, not ones that fit into the perception of an ebook reader anyway.
I thought that maybe it was about last year's X-mas, but from the $150 to $200 average price of ereaders that he mentions, and the fact that the article was viewed 9 times, I guess that it is pretty safe to say that it should be recent.

As I read on, the comment started to make sense. He wants eink because "It's supposed to be like reading a normal book". He wants a small one because Kindle DX is "more suited for newspaper and comics really" and it has to weigh less than 8 ounces, otherwise "it starts to make [his] arm ache after an hour or so".

If you include file formats and price, not much is left.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #5
bugeyed
Connoisseur
bugeyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 2, PRS-600
Pretty lame! No mention of the Nook, Kobo or Sony eReaders.
Why did they bother?
bugeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert