Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-12-2009, 05:53 AM   #1
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Why HarryT doesnt freak out and Granny Does!!!

Funny I have only been on hear for year and half or so. I actually do like the site and the vast amount of info on ebooks and ereaders that is available here.

Yet, I have learned that this site is very much like many a forum. The groups form and the Leaders and the Followers are put in their place. There are exceptions, but it seems that the emotion and pathetic responses of all parties (including me) takes its toll.

So. I named this thread for several reasons:

1. It is in the lounge: As far as I know that means a relaxed discussion.

3. HarryT and I have had problems on threads in the past but he always lets it go and looks at the positive side of a thread or the interest of the thread. He also respects the person on threads after the previous altercation.

4. Granny and the MR posse attack anything that is not PR or "Correct" to their thinking. They post and KNOW.

5. Hello. This is the Lounge IF you do not like this post. DO not Respond.

6. How long will it take Granny to insult me again? Haha.

hidari
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:27 AM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
What is this MR Posse, and how do I apply for membership?
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Mobile read has the policy that we allow all sorts of discussions to be held and any number of opinions to be expressed. We try to maintain a balance that allows for free flowing discussions and a welcoming community.

I must state that this thread is being monitored and will not be allowed to become a flame war. Please keep the discussion civil and in keeping with the Mobile Read ethos of open and welcoming.

Thanks.

pshrynk (moderator)

Last edited by pshrynk; 06-12-2009 at 09:34 AM.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
bertold
Connoisseur
bertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it is

Device: iRex iLiad v2, Onyx Boox Note 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I must state that this thread is being monitored and will not be allowed to become a flame war.

Party pooper.
bertold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Funny I have only been on hear for year and half or so. I actually do like the site and the vast amount of info on ebooks and ereaders that is available here.

Yet, I have learned that this site is very much like many a forum. The groups form and the Leaders and the Followers are put in their place. There are exceptions, but it seems that the emotion and pathetic responses of all parties (including me) takes its toll.

3. HarryT and I have had problems on threads in the past but he always lets it go and looks at the positive side of a thread or the interest of the thread. He also respects the person on threads after the previous altercation.

4. Granny and the MR posse attack anything that is not PR or "Correct" to their thinking. They post and KNOW.

5. Hello. This is the Lounge IF you do not like this post. DO not Respond.

6. How long will it take Granny to insult me again? Haha.

hidari
I don't know what has been going on with you, HarryT or "Granny" but it seems you are going out of your way to start a fight. Why?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:42 AM   #6
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
What is this MR Posse, and how do I apply for membership?

Do we ride Camels or Llamas?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:43 AM   #7
bertold
Connoisseur
bertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it is

Device: iRex iLiad v2, Onyx Boox Note 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I don't know what has been going on with you, HarryT or "Granny" but it seems you are going out of your way to start a fight. Why?
Because he is not a troll. He said so, so it must be true.
bertold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:45 AM   #8
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertold View Post
Party pooper.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:46 AM   #9
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Do we ride Camels or Llamas?
No, no... as I noted in the implied thread: You ride His Holiness!

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #10
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post

...snip...

...snip...

hidari
I think you're all missing the point here - where is number 2? Is this a fiendish plot to eradicate the number 2 from the MR community, and, if so, why?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #11
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I think you're all missing the point here - where is number 2? Is this a fiendish plot to eradicate the number 2 from the MR community, and, if so, why?
Quick, save the two humped camels....
Old 06-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #12
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertold View Post
Because he is not a troll. He said so, so it must be true.
A few of Hidari's posts that I have seen are written with an unhelpful tone. However, in most cases, if one ignores the tone the proposed topic of discussion could very easily be made fruitful and interesting.

I suspect--without meaning to offend--that Hidari is young. Youth is not a sin, it is an affliction.

So I propose, let us not mock the afflicted... if there is anything worth discussing amidst his lines, let us discuss it as the civilized and dignified community that we are. If there is not, let us, as he proposes, ignore him altogether without giving in to any desire to mock him and further alienate him from those that might prove positive influence upon him.

I should note: I am not certain this particular thread is redeemable. Though there is something to be said about Hidari's suggestion, namely that people shouldn't post in a thread simply to start/continue/escalate a fight. Of course, in an ideal world, people would not start threads with such intentions either.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:01 AM   #13
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I believe so! ABOUT TIME!! The number two has taken a toll in our lives!
- It makes us read in the bathroom.
- Reminds us that we were not good enough.
- Gives us tiny trophies.

Plus it's prances around very cockily since it's the first even guy on the scene. And to add insult to injury its root haunts us in trigonometry!!
BAN #2!!!!!!!!
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:08 AM   #14
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

I know of no way to discuss the initial subject of the post without some bruised feelings somewhere. On another day I might rise to the discussion, but today I only want to smile and be happy.

The best (and the least stressful) I can offer is this. Everyone has value bases. When they match, there is little conflict and what little there is, is usually easy to resolve. When the value bases don't match, the conflict can become very bitter. The best that can be hoped for in such a situation is that the parties involved agree to disagree and give the other party the "room" to follow their values. Unfortunately, this does not always happen....
Old 06-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #15
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Mr. Hidari:

My mom once told me that I am not a gold coin. I cannot be liked by all. Especially since i spew the randomest things!

MR is somewhat like the real world, some ppl will gravitate with some and not with others; just like in the "real" world.

I respect your opinion, just as everyone should. just don't open yourself up for attack (your closing sentence). The llounge as you said is a place to relax and have fun.

Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote