Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #376
walter_2
walter_2 began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 5.3.1
cover shuffle ?
Hi - I have put some books (mobi) onto paperwhite ( ca. 20 at same time ). The screensaver mode was already set to 'cover'. After transfer of books I have rebooted
the kindle. Then I have selected a book for reading and after ca. 15 minutes I pushed the powerbutton. Now a cover was shown but from a different book (also one of the new books)!
Okay then I have selected a different book but always the first wrong cover was shown.
Also after some reboots ... the same. Since this time only one cover of the wrong book is shown.
In linkss/cache is only one of the book covers - the wrong cover and some template files. In linkss/screensaver is the same cover but with a name like *medium_ss00.png .
Is there a bug ? Or is there something what I have to do to prepare covers ?
Thank you
walter
walter_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #377
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@walter_2: Make sure the date and time is set properly on your device (ie. sort by 'recent' should be coherent), and that the books you're trying actually have a properly tagged & embedded cover.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #378
walter_2
walter_2 began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 5.3.1
cover shuffle : solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@walter_2: Make sure the date and time is set properly on your device (ie. sort by 'recent' should be coherent), and that the books you're trying actually have a properly tagged & embedded cover.
Thank you NiLuJe

... that was the solution ...
I think it is a good idea to put this hint into first message of this thread. It is very importend for using cover-mode.

thank you
walter_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #379
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@walter_2: Done .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #380
fotyc
fotyc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I was converting myself today from cover mode to custom screensavers... my daughter was pestering me relentlessly to come right that very minute, could not wait even one second more, and help her do her homework, and instead of restart I touched reset... ARGH. So I am having to redownload everything from my cloud, and I'm still at 5.3.3 so I assume my jailbreak and everything is gone? If so - I just don't have the heart to downgrade to 5.3.1, rejailbreak, and do it all again. I'll just live with everything as is until I regain my spirits....
fotyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #381
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
It may not be gone, if you had done the Jailbreak prior to the update to 5.3.3, it is still there.
Although the 'extras' are probably gone - read details in first post.

Shoot daughter if she can't fix it within 5 minutes.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #382
ktech
ktech began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ktech: Uninstall yifan's (old) screensaver's hack.
Ahhh, there we go. I knew it had to be something simple... thanks for that - I was going nuts.
ktech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #383
notalive
notalive began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
Does it work on 5.3.3 in Paperwhite?
Must I downgrade the firmware to 5.3.1 before hacking?
notalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:24 PM   #384
ext233
Enthusiast
ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ext233 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PW2
i have a japanese PW that automatically updated itself to 5.3.3, and now my custom screensavers aren't showing up anymore! i'm not even sure if the jailbreak itself survived or not.

i tried flashing the two latest .bin files from the first post and got error messages with both of them.

my custom screensaver files are definitely still on the device, though. what should i do?
ext233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #385
kuoirad
kuoirad began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ext233 View Post
i have a japanese PW that automatically updated itself to 5.3.3, and now my custom screensavers aren't showing up anymore! i'm not even sure if the jailbreak itself survived or not.

i tried flashing the two latest .bin files from the first post and got error messages with both of them.

my custom screensaver files are definitely still on the device, though. what should i do?
I had the same problem. This is probably not the best way to have handled it, but I did the following:

1. Downgraded to 5.3.1 via the links available here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198446

2. Reapplied the jailbreak from the same link.

3. Upgraded to 5.3.3 by hand (downloaded the updater from http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201064850)

4. Per discussion on the jailbreak thread, reinstalled the developer certs, jailbreak bridge, and rescue pack by hand.

5. (Re)Installed the screensaver hack.

It worked. For a bit. Now I'm trying to figure out why it's not working anymore - I'm just getting the screen locking on the page of whatever I'm reading at the time.
kuoirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #386
kuoirad
kuoirad began at the beginning.

And now, to ask for help with the problem I just turned up.

As described in the post above, I got automatically upgraded to 5.3.3, and lost my screensaver (I only have one). After getting impatient, downgrading back to 5.3.1, re-jailbreaking, etc, etc, etc, I got my screensaver working again.

However, it only works once. After that, the screen just locks on the page I'm reading. I can get it back for one iteration by touching a reboot file in the linkss folder.

Doing some reading through the thread, it appears I may have a bad png? It's odd, because it's unchanged from the one that worked perfectly before the upgrade to 5.3.3.

Help? I'd be happy to post the png file I'm using.
kuoirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:42 AM   #387
pico.marco
pico.marco began at the beginning.

It worked perfectly with 5.3.1 and also after the upgrade to 5.3.3 version.
But after installing the JBPatch (that works) on 5.3.3, screensaver hack has stopped working. I always see default screensavers.
I also reinstalled the screensaver hack but it still does not work.
pico.marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #388
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
pico.marco have you tried uninstalling the screensaver hack and then reinstalling it?
That solved a similar issue for me.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:06 AM   #389
grant.ben08
grant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the endgrant.ben08 knows the complete value of PI to the end

I installed both files and put the blank cover file into the linkss folder but the screen saver just tells me that I installed the hack correctly. Do i need to change the file format if the covers?
grant.ben08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #390
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
grant.ben08 the screensaver has to be png format, and depending on your device one of two different sizes, for the touch it's 600x800 and for the paperwhite it's 758x102 this is explained in the Opening Post. You would have seen it if you'd read the instructions.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch