Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 06:00 AM   #16
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokjeid View Post
Thank you very much for your answer. Then couldn't we access rootfs.bin on DR800SG with mount command in rxvt? If we could not, I'm going to try it in PC as you mentioned..
rootfs.bin is not a file inside your DR device. rootfs.bin is the file system (i.e. all the files and directory structure that is to be copied to the device when installing or updating the system).

With terminal access with tools like rxvt you can enter into that real running file system of your device.

But note that you need to get the uds binary from a DR1000 (rxvt on a running DR1000, or the instructions above with a DR1000 rootfs.bin from a Linux computer), so installing rxvt into a DR800 won't do it.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:50 AM   #17
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
rootfs.bin is not a file inside your DR device. rootfs.bin is the file system (i.e. all the files and directory structure that is to be copied to the device when installing or updating the system).

With terminal access with tools like rxvt you can enter into that real running file system of your device.

But note that you need to get the uds binary from a DR1000 (rxvt on a running DR1000, or the instructions above with a DR1000 rootfs.bin from a Linux computer), so installing rxvt into a DR800 won't do it.
Thank you very much for your explanation!! Now I see it and try it in my PC..
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:52 AM   #18
DeReader
Connoisseur
DeReader doesn't litterDeReader doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1, iRex DR1000S, Kindle DXG, Jetbook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Ouch, my sorry. It was wrong.
In fact the line should be "if [ -s $THISDIR/uds.dr1000 ];
[...]
Thanks for pointing me to it.
I tried the new version and now the installation works flawlessly, thanks again Iņigo!
DeReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #19
bokjeid
Addict

Smile

Now I'm trying it.. And I didn't know that a post can't be deleted..

---
Finally it works on my DR800SG.. Thanks for Iņigo and CoolDragon who advised to me
I felt that the device appears a totally different one! So fantastic.. Maybe it became the uncomparable device now on the earth I think..

btw, how could we show at once all of the four icons(pen, eraser, zoom, panning) which are combined in one 'shortcut arrow' icon at the right in the bottom status bar? I think it would be more convenient..

Last edited by bokjeid; 08-07-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:46 AM   #20
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Now I'm trying it.. And I didn't know that a post can't be deleted..

---
Finally it works on my DR800SG.. Thanks for Iņigo and CoolDragon who advised to me

I felt that the device appears a totally different one! So fantastic.. Maybe it became the uncomparable device now on the earth I think...
Congratulations for your new device!

Quote:
btw, how could we show at once all of the four icons(pen, eraser, zoom, panning) which are combined in one 'shortcut arrow' icon at the right in the bottom status bar? I think it would be more convenient..
We have limited room for icons in the status bar, no more than 10 or 12 as much. So I had to choose which ones to show. I didn't include the ones on the cycling button because you can reach them there. Also I've included new ones: bookinfo, fullscreen and rotate screen.

My plans for the future are:
- clock
- additional cycling button. As my quick test removing some icons/actions from the current one, I don't know if this is really possible, as some behaviours are hardcoded on the uds binary and we can't modify it.

Iņigo
Old 08-08-2010, 04:51 AM   #21
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
Quote:
My plans for the future are: - clock
Hehe, mine as well I have already started and have a good idea how to do this on a limited icon space. Hopefully will have smth working next week. We can discuss implementation details in another thread or PM.
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:51 AM   #22
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dima_tr View Post
Hehe, mine as well I have already started and have a good idea how to do this on a limited icon space. Hopefully will have smth working next week. We can discuss implementation details in another thread or PM.
Good idea: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93879
Old 08-08-2010, 09:14 AM   #23
bokjeid
Addict

@Iņigo:Very much thanks. And I didn't know well that there isn't enough room for more icons because I use it on landscape mode nearly all the time.

In fact, CoolDragon's attachment pictures just reminded me of the icons arrangement.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...3&d=1276777279
It amazed me at the first time I saw it.

But I found it out now that the cycling icon isn't so inconvenient for me when I'm used to it
Old 08-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #24
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Hi, I'm trying to mount from a Fedora Live-CD
When I try the first method:
[root@localhost liveuser]# modprobe jffs2
[root@localhost liveuser]# modprobe mtdram total_size=90000 erase_size=256
FATAL: Error inserting mtdram (/lib/modules/2.6.33.3-85.fc13.i686/kernel/drivers/mtd/devices/mtdram.ko): Cannot allocate memory

When I try the second:
[root@localhost 6638-3431]# modprobe loop
[root@localhost 6638-3431]# modprobe mtdblock
[root@localhost 6638-3431]# modprobe block2mtd
[root@localhost 6638-3431]# losetup /dev/loop0 rootfs.bin
losetup: /dev/loop0: device is busy

As my Linux experience is almost none, what is wrong?
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #25
bran
Enthusiast
bran began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR800S
Dear Catharsis,

You ran into the same problem I did. It is why I used the loopback method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
Hi, I'm trying to mount from a Fedora Live-CD
When I try the first method:
[root@localhost liveuser]# modprobe jffs2
[root@localhost liveuser]# modprobe mtdram total_size=90000 erase_size=256
FATAL: Error inserting mtdram (/lib/modules/2.6.33.3-85.fc13.i686/kernel/drivers/mtd/devices/mtdram.ko): Cannot allocate memory

When I try the second:
[root@localhost 6638-3431]# losetup /dev/loop0 rootfs.bin
losetup: /dev/loop0: device is busy

As my Linux experience is almost none, what is wrong?
The second method assumes no loopback has already been used. As you are using a livecd most likely it will already be using a loopback device so /dev/loop0 will already be in use.

Try to use loop1 instead of loop0 in the losetup command. Rember the further steps of the second method need loop0 replaced with loop1 if you do.

i.e.

try the following:

[root@localhost 6638-3431]# losetup /dev/loop1 rootfs.bin

Last edited by bran; 08-08-2010 at 05:15 PM.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:20 PM   #26
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Thanks bran. After running losetup -a I discover that loop5 was the first free loop and I could mount and extract the file.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #27
bran
Enthusiast
bran began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR800S
Catharsis,

Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
Thanks bran. After running losetup -a I discover that loop5 was the first free loop and I could mount and extract the file.
Glad to hear you understood my hint about looking for a free loopback device. I'm also glad to her you got it to work!

Have Fun with the dr800+

Regards,

bran
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #28
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
I finally got a hold of the DR1000 file and installed this. Absolutely wonderful, this really greatly enhances the utility of the device. Love the tabs and all the new menu options.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:12 AM   #29
bokjeid
Addict

Autoshut down of the device doesn't work after installing DR800+ and word searching function on fbreader, either - only for me??
Old 08-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #30
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Autoshut down of the device doesn't work after installing DR800+ and word searching function on fbreader, either - only for me??
Auto shutdown never worked reliably (under any 2.0 firmware) for me even before installing this. So I have settled into the habit of doing a manual shutdown every time.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr800+