Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #61
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
iCab Mobile - IMO the best web browser for iOS. It has the ability to download files (even videos off sites like YouTube) as well as upload files (though it only works with some sites), DropBox support, Firefox Sync support, file server capabilities, plug-ins, custom search engines, gestures, and settings galore. The only two things I don't like about it is that you lose the back button history on closing, which seems to be a common issue with third party iOS browsers, and that the search bar doesn't offer suggestions.

GoSkyWatchPro - A map of the sky which takes advantage of the built-in accelerometer and compass. You just point it in the direction you want information on.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #62
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Grocery Gadget. It took few hours to set it up for my needs, but now I am saving a huge amount of time. And i do not forget anything anymore. Barcode reader, pictures, everything one needs. Multiple shops. Everything one needs.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #63
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Grocery Gadget. It took few hours to set it up for my needs, but now I am saving a huge amount of time. And i do not forget anything anymore. Barcode reader, pictures, everything one needs. Multiple shops. Everything one needs.
That's an app I don't need. I only need my eyes, since my grocery list is very small.

Spoiler:
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #64
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
If you like discovering new music Aweditorium for iPad is a great app. It is free.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/awedi...399946763?mt=8
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:30 AM   #65
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
iCab Mobile - IMO the best web browser for iOS. It has the ability to download files (even videos off sites like YouTube) as well as upload files (though it only works with some sites), DropBox support, Firefox Sync support, file server capabilities, plug-ins, custom search engines, gestures, and settings galore. The only two things I don't like about it is that you lose the back button history on closing, which seems to be a common issue with third party iOS browsers, and that the search bar doesn't offer suggestions.
I bought iCap Mobile and am trying it now, and I'm liking it so far. I can upload image files to my own web site, which is nice, but I haven't tried other sites yet. Thank you for the recommendation!
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2011, 01:52 AM   #66
Debby
Connoisseur
Debby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enoughDebby will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Sony & ipad
My favorites: Sorry – mostly productivity…….

Evernote – use this to organize everything! It even syncs to my desktops at work and home (you can also add folders to sync). You can create "notebooks" and place notes in them. I use it to create lists & save important documents. Also adds a button to outlook for automatically adding to Evernote. Great for organizing travel arrangements or receipts. I decided to subscribe and can now add any type of file. So far, this is the most versatile program I have found.

Stanza - crossing my fingers that this will continued be updated for the new OS.

Roboform – password and login protection that can be used on all computers and ipad

SME Storage – to organize all various icloud storage (Dropbox, box, etc)

Xmarks – without a doubt, one of my favs. Allows me to keep all bookmarks synced on every system (Firefox, PC’s, itouch, ipad)

Dragon Dictation – this is amazing and actually works (free). Dictate into ipad and send as email or save as a note

Text Now – send text with a dedicated phone number. Great when in a meeting and need to send a message to my kids without pulling out my phone (email and voice to voice conversations don't seem exist for their generation, sorry back on track)

Quickoffice – word, excel, powerpoint. Don’t know if is better or worse than others

Nightstand – use as alarm and clock when traveling. The weather option does not appear to be great outside of US but the clock it huge and you can dim it down to almost nothing

Convert – currency conversion (free)

Shazam – identifies music. Great when organizing your itunes library.

News: NPR, USA today, News Pro
Debby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #67
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
I bought iCap Mobile and am trying it now, and I'm liking it so far. I can upload image files to my own web site, which is nice, but I haven't tried other sites yet. Thank you for the recommendation!
You're welcome.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #68
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
+1 for Roboform , Evernote and Dragon Dictate. Other productivity apps: Todo and Corkulous.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #69
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like the service offered by Evernote, but I am not crazy about the app itself. When I tried it, it crashed repeatedly on my iPad 2. Plus, you can't edit a note with checkmarks with the iPad app (well I guess you can but you lose the checkmarks, if I understood the message correctly). I use my Evernote account with Awesome Notes, which is not perfect either but at least it doesn't crash.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #70
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
eBook Search
By Inkstone Software, Inc.

For iPhone and iPad.

Quote:
Description

#1 OVERALL free iPad app in France, Spain, and Belgium... If you’d like an almost endless supply of FREE books delivered directly to your Kindle, Nook, or iBooks app -- or almost any other eBook reader app -- then you’ll want to install eBook Search right now.
Right now the choices are FeedBooks, Project Gutenberg, Baen Books, Smashwords, Munseys, and the Internet Archive.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #71
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
A few mo' apps:

If you like reading literature from a small, avant -garde publishing company, there's an app for that. Mc Sweeney's, a small, San Francisco publishing company has an app that features a selection of articles, short stories, short videos, and poetry that it puts out. I'm now reading an interesting short story by a new writer, courtesy of the app.

WEBSITE LINK

If you like poetry, there's an app for that. The Poetry Foundation has a great app featuring thousands of poems in its collection. A great way to discover new poetry and re-read old favorites. Start HERE. Also available on Android.

If you are tired of reading and want to be lulled to sleep, the Naturespace app provides audios of sooothing nature sounds from beaches to bird song. A great way to end the day. NATURESPACE

Want to wake up on time? There's even an app for THAT. Clock Pro HD is an iPad app that includes several clock functions. There's a digital clock , an analog clock, a timer, a stopwatch, a metronome, etc. The alarm clock has several different alarms. There's an ad-supported free version and a full version with even more options. The free version does all I need.
Check these apps too. Enjoy.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:01 AM   #72
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Vlingo, iOS3 and up on 3GS and 4 (and presumably 4S but you wont need it there). Works similarly to Siri so we dont have to be left out. And you can't beat the price. $0

Available for other platforms too. I must confess, only discovered it today, and its not too keen on my Australian accent, but perhaps it will learn.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #73
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
my fav aps ar the bar code reader and the speach app . i have all my books on kindle so im glad that i didnt lose them
steve jobs and all at apple for making your products disable friendly. cant amagine a world with out u
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #74
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Another really cool web browser that I just discovered is Apollobrowser+IM. It just recently came out, and while not being nearly as feature rich as iCab, it does have some nice multitasking capabilities like being able to show videos in a separate window.

Last edited by Dylrob; 10-30-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:32 AM   #75
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Just found out about a free app from National Geographic called "7 billion". I took a look and it looks interesting and well designed, with of course beautiful photos. The app is about 300 mb I think, and I don't know if it's iPhone compatible. But it's free and well worth checking out.