Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-19-2009, 11:01 PM   #1
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
converting multi-page HTML to Mobipocket

is there a way to convert multi-page HTML documents(multiple HTML files, 1 level deep) to the MOBI format needed for the kindle? I just tried it with Calibre 0.4.138 and it seems that the links to the same HTML page's tags works, but the link is pointed to a different HTML file doesn't work. the size of the converted MOBI file is similar to the combined size of the HTMLs(~4.2MB)

Is this a feature that hasn't been implemented or there is something i should configure to make it work?

thanks!
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:11 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It should work "out of the box". If not there's liekly something else the matter. Try using relative links in the HTML files and remember to use the / character as the path separator
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hmm... I tried a different method last night. I selected & added all the files(2nd option, all files & subfolders belong to single book) but it was soooo slow, after 15min or so i canceled it.
The first time when I try to convert the HTMLs to a book, I just selected "index.html" which contains the links to all the other files in the same folder.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

post the index.html here
Old 02-20-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
shinew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
post the index.html here
here you go, i've attached the index.html.
here is the original website i grabbed it from: http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/usr_toc.html

btw this forum is awesome!

update:arrrgh... maybe not perfect, it rejected my HTML, just renamed to a TXT
Attached Files
File Type: txt index.txt (27.1 KB, 372 views)

Last edited by shinew; 02-20-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Ah the vim documentation. Open a ticket and I'll lok into it when I get some time.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:45 PM   #7
shinew
Addict

Quote:
Ah the vim documentation. Open a ticket and I'll lok into it when I get some time.
yes, Vim rocks!
Old 02-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinew View Post
yes, Vim rocks!
VIM is like an onion. As you peel one layer you find more even better ones.

Although I did opt for Textmate on my Mac after agonizing over the $80 purchase for a few weeks.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #9
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
VIM is like an onion. As you peel one layer you find more even better ones.
But occasionally there are some tears involved.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #10
shinew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
But occasionally there are some tears involved.
haa... actually I don't think it's as bad as the rumor says. The trick I think is really to learn as much as possible right in the beginning, and not to learn it little bit at a time. I was faster editing in Vim than I was ever able to do in SciTE after 2 days.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

My entire desktop environment is vim like, starting with the window manager, te browser, the email client, the IDE and of course vim itself
Old 02-21-2009, 12:09 AM   #12
shinew
Addict

Quote:
My entire desktop environment is vim like, starting with the window manager, te browser, the email client, the IDE and of course vim itself
hee... i'm catching up, just installed vimperator yesterday... the only thing i don't like about it is that it doesn't auto-complete the URL history as well as the native one. or am I missing something?

this is getting way off topic... btw what do you use to have a vim-like windows manager?
Old 02-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinew View Post
hee... i'm catching up, just installed vimperator yesterday... the only thing i don't like about it is that it doesn't auto-complete the URL history as well as the native one. or am I missing something?
mine completes on both

Quote:
this is getting way off topic... btw what do you use to have a vim-like windows manager?
I wrote my own, based on a fork of qtile.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #14
shinew
Addict

Quote:
I wrote my own, based on a fork of qtile.
wow, that's hard core!

ticket filed #1908. thank you!