Notices

Old 11-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
alophind
Connoisseur
alophind began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 650
Any way to show book number in series ?

Hi ,
I've used calibre to good books metadata and now when I send books to device I can sort by serieses.
Problem is , that I see a list of books , but I don't know which is the 1st.. 2nd.. in the series , I need to open them and watch the cover picture which has the number (as in "Book 1 in the Malazan...")
Is there a way to sort by book order or I need to manully put it in the book name?
alophind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:42 AM   #2
Riddip
Riddip began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350L
in calibre right click on the book, choose edit metadata -> edit metadata individually

there you can enter series and book number, i guess if you enter the book number in the series it will be sorted correctly.
Riddip is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2010, 08:34 AM   #3
alophind
Connoisseur
alophind began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddip View Post
in calibre right click on the book, choose edit metadata -> edit metadata individually

there you can enter series and book number, i guess if you enter the book number in the series it will be sorted correctly.
I have the book numbers in the metadata.
Will check if its sorted. (Sony ereader dont have sort option by book number)
alophind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:46 AM   #4
Merbear
Enthusiast
Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PRS-600 & Kobo & PRS-650, iTouch and iPad2
I just add the series number to the title in Calibre.
Merbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #5
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Calibre will add books in series order and make a collection for the series. The books don't have numbers, but since they are in collection order, that doesn't matter as much. Please note that this assumes you add them in order. If you add the third in the series later, it's not inserted before the fourth in the series.

You can modify how Calibre sends to device so that it adds the series number to the front of the title. The problem with this is that if you have, say, ten series, you'll have ten books that start with 01, ten with 02, etc. It can clutter up the title view if you care about that.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #6
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Books (at least in LRF format) have hidden fields for title / author that is used for sorting.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:04 AM   #7
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
It can be done. See this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=20
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #8
envy
Brown Eyed Girl
envy doesn't litterenvy doesn't litter

Device: Sony Prs 600, Nook, Sony prs 350
Thats how I do mines.

Even though they are in a collection already, I still put either 01, 1 or 2 or 02 depending all on the title length. I have always found it to be much easier
envy is offline   Reply With Quote