Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
starbreeze89
starbreeze89 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
CBZ to EPUB - ValueError

I have scanlations of manga that I am trying to convert into an ebook format. Most of this has worked well. Unfortunately, with a few of the rar files I am trying to convert, I get the error "ValueError:Could not find an ebook inside the archive" and when I click "show details..." it says:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions.py", line 1138, in convert_ebook
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tools.py", line 39, in convert_single_ebook
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\single.py", line 124, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\single.py", line 163, in setup_pipeline
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 500, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 578, in unarchive
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 589, in find_html_index
ValueError: Could not find an ebook inside the archive

I have looked at the contents of the rar files and I cannot find any formatting differences between the ones that do and do not work. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time!

Last edited by starbreeze89; 08-07-2010 at 08:31 PM.
starbreeze89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
rename them to cbr and re-import into calibre
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 08:44 AM   #3
starbreeze89
starbreeze89 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thank you so much!
starbreeze89 is offline   Reply With Quote