Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
metalhammer
metalhammer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Command Line Search and Replace Metadata

Hi,

I have some scripts setup which automatically dowload ebooks and add them to the calibre database. At the moment I have some saved Search and Replaces which I use to cleanup the metadata from these downloaded books.

I would like to perform these saved Search and Replaces in an automated way, preferably using a command line tool. Is there an easy way to do this? And if there is no easy way, what would be the hard way?

I've found in the documentation that you can set the metadata of a book to the metadata in an opf file. I guess that using this will be the hard way, I hope that somebody can help me with an easier way.
metalhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:13 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@metalhammer - welcome to MobileRead.

It is not currently possible to set specific metadata elements via the command line. See this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162712
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert