Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #16
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulli View Post
Did you load the PocketBook >12h before using it first time?

It really seems that there is something wrong with your battery. When I am not reading on the PocketBook i normally wait for the keylock and it runs and runs and runs.... i think about 2 weeks, a little less considering on how much i am reading on it.
I am not certain I understand.

By "load"(ing) the PocketBook" I assume you mean "charging" it. On my initial receipt of the PB I put it on charge and kept it there until the red LED turned green, and I've done the same with every subsequent charge. It hasn't ever taken 12 hours for this LED change to occur.

And what do you mean by "wait"(ing) for the keylock"?

Many thanks for any further clarification you can provide me.
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:33 PM   #17
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
Sorry for that bad english expressions.

The first time you charge your PocketBook you should do that about 12h. (You should do that with any electronical device, which is rechargeable).

"wait"(ing) for the keylock":
There is the option to lock the keys after a while automatically (keylock).
In Standard you can lock they keys with pushing the ON/OFF Button for a short time. There should appear a key on the right top of your display.
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #18
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulli View Post
Sorry for that bad english expressions.

The first time you charge your PocketBook you should do that about 12h. (You should do that with any electronical device, which is rechargeable).

"wait"(ing) for the keylock":
There is the option to lock the keys after a while automatically (keylock).
In Standard you can lock they keys with pushing the ON/OFF Button for a short time. There should appear a key on the right top of your display.
Thank you much once again. I am finding this VERY interesting. Two further queries:

Are you suggesting that even if the LED, when the PB is being charged, changes from red to green -- that the battery isn't yet fully charged?

Also, since the PB has a protective snap-on cover, why would anyone want to lock the keys?
Old 02-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #19
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
At the first time you should charge it it 12h, thats just a tip, to be really sure, that the battery is fully charged. Anytime later just charge it until the LED changes from red to green. ( You should do this with every electronical device )

The 360 has the snap-on cover, yes, but the keys(button) can still be pushed, as you should see from your own experience.
Also the keylock prevents you from booting the device when you want to go on reading (you can read on without any waiting time).
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:07 PM   #20
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Okay, I ran an experiment.
I fully charged the PB360, and at great personal sacrifice, I let it lie unused for 24 hours, with auto power-off disabled.
At that point, the FBReader power meter reported 99% battery remaining.
Even allowing for non linear discharge, that works out to well over a month of shelf life.

I repeated the experiment for 4 hours leaving the PB360 with a book open in SFF FBReader, with the motion sensor off. The power meter reported 97%. That works out to about 200 hours of shelf life. Interestingly, at about 50 screens per hour, that comes pretty close to 9000 page turns. Turning auto power shut-off seems prudent if really long battery life is required.

Hardly scientific, I know, but it does suggest that FBReader background threads are the main source of power drain. Might be worth repeating with adobe viewer, I suppose. I'll give it a try one of these days.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #21
ascherjim
Addict

I want to make certain that I understand correctly regarding the statement "Turning auto power shut-off seems prudent if really long battery life is required." In the "Power down after" settings menu, is the "off" setting what should be selected to conserve power, rather than the various minute duration options? And is my understanding correct that those various minute durations, when any are selected, means that the PB's power will be turned off after those time periods (causing a PB shutdown) or will there be a power shutdown after there is no use of the reader (page turning) after those time durations? I hope I'm being sufficiently clear in my queries.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:34 AM   #22
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Power down after ... say 10 mins will power down completely if you do not use it (touch any buttons) during that timeframe

power down ... Off option I believe means that you are not selecting a power-down option at all. In other words the PB will stay on until you actively tell it otherwise.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:09 AM   #23
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Oops.
The statement should read "turn auto power shut-off *on*". (Missing word.)
In other words, enable the feature.
Sorry.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #24
ascherjim
Addict

AHHHHH. All is now clear! Thanks guys.