Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Will the eDGe come to Europe at July 10th?

MR member perry reports over here at the german subforum that he received this interesting email after asking the contact at www.entourageedge.nl about availability in Europe.

The prices mentioned sadly fall in line with the problem we always see in Europe with stuff like this ... people try to charge us another arm for anything

Here's the mail:

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for your email and interest in enTourage eDGe. We will start the official distribution in Europe at the beginning of July. However I can offer you the possibility to pre-order via email.
If you can provide me with the model you want to order, your full name, delivery address and telephone number.

The EU MAP price for the enTourage eDGe are as following:
enTourage eDGe: Midnight Blue € 599 - including 19% Dutch VAT
enTourage eDGe: Black € 629 - including 19% Dutch VAT
enTourage eDGe: Red € 629 - including 19% Dutch VAT
enTourage eDGe: Glacier € 629 - including 19% Dutch VAT
enTourage eDGe: Ice Blue € 629 - including 19% Dutch VAT

If you are a registered company outside the Netherlands, with a valid VAT number I can sell the device without 19% VAT.
If you pre-order now I am able to give you a 25 euro discount and we will deliver you the device on July the 10th, you will be one of the first in EU to receive the enTourage eDGe reader.

Thanks for your response in advance.
Just to let you know.

Last edited by beachwanderer; 06-23-2010 at 07:52 AM.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:38 AM   #2
t-town
Connoisseur
t-town began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
These prices suck...
t-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
jee
Enthusiast
jee began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
the Edge is available for pre-order now

http://www.ebookreaderdiscounter.com...ight-blue.html

Guess I'll be ordering mine from the United States, via a forwarding service .
jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:37 PM   #4
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Bear in mind that ordering from the US will make warranty exchange/service very difficult, as you'll need a US-based intermediary to receive your shipment from Europe and forward it to enTourage, and back again.

The euro cost may be higher, but I expect it will include a euro warranty/exchange benefit.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:24 AM   #5
jee
Enthusiast
jee began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
I’m not from the EU, so if I wanted to return it for repair, I would have to pay the export taxes to send it to Netherlands + shipping, then the extra taxes and customs when it arrives back here + shipping. It would cost me about $1200 just to send it to the EU and then to have it sent back here (I'm not kidding). I just have to risk.
jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 03:13 AM   #6
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
The contact at www.entourageedge.nl now points anyone asking through email about ordering from Germany to this site:

http://www.ebookreaderstore.de/entou...ight-blue.html

With VAT and shipping within Germany included and with the present automatic discount of 25,- EUR the cost for the eDGe (Midnight Blue) now amounts to 580,90 EUR. Quite a bit, as said above ...

Edit 08.07.2010:

They startet shipping today.

Last edited by beachwanderer; 07-08-2010 at 01:30 PM.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
It's now available in the Netherlands

http://www.centralpoint.nl/zoeken/enTourage+eDGe/

Midnight blue: € 598,57
Red / Glacier White: € 553,35 (out of stock though)

This is including taxes. The prices for the Red and White model seem weird, maybe a mistake?
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote