Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-01-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
pinkpixie26
pinkpixie26 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Unhappy Multiple Cybook Gen3 Problems

Hi,

I bought my cybook a few months ago, and have always had a problem with it freezing-- usually I have to reset it at least once a session, sometimes multiple times.

Now, my cybook has developed a problem where when I'm trying to add a bookmark, it occasionally will show a small box and an arrow in the upper left hand corner instead of adding the bookmark. At the same time it does this, it will freeze. After resetting following this bookmark issue, it seems to delete recently added books.

Today, I discovered that any books I re-added no longer display a cover image in the library view. I actually deleted and then re-added my whole library, hoping this would fix the image problem (what I was thinking I don't know, because of course, it didn't work). After re-adding my whole library, I've now discovered that not only aren't cover images displaying in the library, I can now no longer add bookmarks. WHAT IS GOING ON????????

I've written to Bookeen a couple of times, and am still waiting for a reply. I've heard that they can take forever, so I'm hoping someone here will have a suggestion. Do I need to restore the device to factory settings? If so, how do I do that? Or, is there something else I can do?

Additional info: I don't have an SD card. Version ARM 920T (400 MHz); Boo Reader 1.4 (build 923); Mobipocket reader 6.0 (build 70).

Thanks for any help you can give!

Last edited by pinkpixie26; 11-01-2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: added more info.
pinkpixie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
See a similar thread here were a solution was proposed. In short your file system is probably corrupted and you have to fix it. Repair filesystem might be enough.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
pinkpixie26

Can you post a link to the forum you suggest? I did a search of the forums before I posted, and couldn't find one that applied. Thanks.

Also, how would I reformat the file system using a mac? I do not have access to a pc.

Last edited by pinkpixie26; 11-01-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixie26 View Post
Can you post a link to the forum you suggest? I did a search of the forums before I posted, and couldn't find one that applied. Thanks.
In Gen3 Troubleshooting:

Opus doesn't remember where I left off

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60362
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
pinkpixie26

Ok-- so I think this means I need to use the disk utility. However, I do not know how to use disk utility to reformat the device. Does anyone know where there are step by step instructions? I'm sorry, but I'm a bit of a computer dummy when it comes to stuff like this. Thanks.
Advert
Old 11-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #6
pinkpixie26

Ah-- OK, I guess even computer dummies get lucky sometimes. I thought I wasn't doing it right because I first hit verify disk and it said it failed, but when I hit repair, it said that the system was modified. When I ejected the device it shows images again. Thanks!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:19 AM   #7
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixie26 View Post
Hi,

I bought my cybook a few months ago, and have always had a problem with it freezing-- usually I have to reset it at least once a session, sometimes multiple times.

Now, my cybook has developed a problem where when I'm trying to add a bookmark, it occasionally will show a small box and an arrow in the upper left hand corner instead of adding the bookmark. At the same time it does this, it will freeze. After resetting following this bookmark issue, it seems to delete recently added books.

Today, I discovered that any books I re-added no longer display a cover image in the library view. I actually deleted and then re-added my whole library, hoping this would fix the image problem (what I was thinking I don't know, because of course, it didn't work). After re-adding my whole library, I've now discovered that not only aren't cover images displaying in the library, I can now no longer add bookmarks. WHAT IS GOING ON????????

I've written to Bookeen a couple of times, and am still waiting for a reply. I've heard that they can take forever, so I'm hoping someone here will have a suggestion. Do I need to restore the device to factory settings? If so, how do I do that? Or, is there something else I can do?

Additional info: I don't have an SD card. Version ARM 920T (400 MHz); Boo Reader 1.4 (build 923); Mobipocket reader 6.0 (build 70).

Thanks for any help you can give!
Could you post photo of what happen to you?
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookmarks, cybook gen3, freezing, images