Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
Lin-Min
Lin-Min began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
The big problem!

Hello, friends!
I have a problem .. Operating system in which I work - Linux Mint. Once I'm on your Kindle 3 decided to download an mp3. Since then, the problem:

[Errno 30] Read-only file system: u '/ media / Kindle / metadata.calibre'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/ usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 81, in run
self.result = self.func (* self.args, ** self.kwargs)
File "/ usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 338, in _books
mainlist = self.device.books (oncard = None, end_session = False)
File "/ usr / lib / calibre / calibre / devices / kindle / driver.py", line 319, in books
bl = USBMS.books (self, oncard = oncard, end_session = end_session)
File "/ usr / lib / calibre / calibre / devices / usbms / driver.py", line 242, in books
self.sync_booklists ((bl, None, None))
File "/ usr / lib / calibre / calibre / devices / usbms / driver.py", line 386, in sync_booklists
write_prefix (self._main_prefix, 0)
File "/ usr / lib / calibre / calibre / devices / usbms / driver.py", line 384, in write_prefix
with open (self.normalize_path (os.path.join (prefix, self.METADATA_CACHE)), 'wb') as f:
IOError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: u '/ media / Kindle / metadata.calibre'

Thank you in advance!

p.s. Sorry my bad english ..
Lin-Min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If the file system's been mounted "read only", this indicates that the o/s has detected an error in it. You need to run whatever the Linux equivalent is of "chkdsk" to fix it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If the file system's been mounted "read only", this indicates that the o/s has detected an error in it. You need to run whatever the Linux equivalent is of "chkdsk" to fix it.
It's dosfsck. However, dosfsck is rather unmaintained and I'm not sure how good it actually is at repairing damage (though I've only had to use it once in the last decade, and it worked OK then). It might be necessary to fix it on a DOS box, or rescue as much data as possible and reformat the FAT partition...
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote