Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
fmcmichael06
fmcmichael06 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDge
Pocket eDGe w/ Ermine boots up with completely white screen

I have gone through almost all the posts here on this forum and I cannot find anything that relates to the tablet screen being white. Googled it and saw that there was once a post about it on the Entourage website but since that is down now I am stuck. I got this for my son as a b-day present he has only gotten to use it once. Any help is greatly appreciated.
fmcmichael06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
This seems to have been a problem for a few users of the PE, it seems it may be due to the LCD cable getting worn down and not working properly(likely due to a faulty hinge), I'll try to find the posts that have more info on it, but so far it seems as though there is no easy fix(that I know of).

EDIT: here is the post: linkey

My backup has a third page as well, though reading through it can be a bit difficult/weird(you will have to open each reply in a new tab, sorry, not sure why) here it is if you want it: linkey

Last edited by emusan; 06-05-2011 at 06:31 PM.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2011, 11:37 PM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome, fmcmichael06!

That WSoD (white screen of death) sounds like a horrible problem. Can you exchange your PE for a new one? You can try to contact enTourage, but I have no idea how much help they can/will give you now that they're essentially closed. I can't remember whether anyone recovered from the white screen. You will know by now if you've read the posts saved from the official forum.

Wishing you well -- sure hope your son eventually gets to enjoy his present!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
Qwill
Enthusiast
Qwill began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
I had this problem 4 weeks after receiving my PE.
I had to send it for repair under warranty in May.
I hope that you'll be able to get your's repaired !
Qwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
sabman
sabman began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
I had the same problem after I hit the hibernate option. Do you know what actions you performed before you got the WSOD?

I got my replacement last week. They gave me a call since there was a problem with the address. So even though the support is shut down you can try calling them on this number: 703-639-4888.
sabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
fmcmichael06
fmcmichael06 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDge
Thank you all for your help!! I will try to call the company to see if I can get a replacement otherwise I guess Im out my money and my little guy is out his present...
fmcmichael06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #7
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
It happened to me a few times also.
But, usually playing with buttons - home, menu - closing and opening, total reboot: shut it down - turn off and, then turn on again - helped.
I would also suggest trying to hit Reset button which is next to USB port.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:41 AM   #8
AbbyNormal
Geek
AbbyNormal began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 360, Pocket Edge, Kobo Touch
I, too, had this problem after updating to Ermine. Entourage tech support had me go through the steps to back it down to Dingo but it didn't help. Had to send it in for repair shortly before they shut down, got it back last Friday. Now I am afraid to update to Ermine.
AbbyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #9
JazzMind
JazzMind began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
WSOD repaired

Hello. I am one of the Pocket Edge WSOD victims from the original Entourage fora. I got the WSOD and a musical ditty which repeated over and over a couple of weeks after updating to Ermine.

I sent my Pocket Edge back to Entourage with an RMA and they returned it to me working about 3 weeks later. I never communicated with Tier III support by phone or email but Tier I [Larrie] read the notes from the Tier III repair while we spoke on the phone. She told me that the motherboard was replaced. A little loose goo around the rubber offsets on the interior LCD screen side of the device [underneath which i assume to be screws] confirms that this was removed for the repair.

My PE has now worked fine running Ermine for the last few weeks.

I also purchased another PE fro my daughter and got Square Trade warranties on both of them.

Kudos to MobileRead for picking up the Entourage Edge Forum!
JazzMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:17 AM   #10
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi Jazzmind! I remember your tale of woe. So happy to hear you have a working eDGe again!!

Welcome to MobileRead, it's a fun place to be!

Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #11
MarsWalker
MarsWalker began at the beginning.

Device: PE
Did anyone know the end result of the test that mehdi72 was going to make regarding the white screen ?
He wrote regarding sending it to a repair man because it could be a flat.
I'm unable to write to him and I don't want my pocket edge to just be a book holder :S
MarsWalker is offline   Reply With Quote