Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #1
psuy
psuy began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad Book Edition
Showing cover of MOBIPOCKET in content lister.

Hello everyone,

I bought an iLiad Book ed (V2.12, dev package installed) a week ago, and am fairly happy with it (except battery life then)! I have a lot of content in epub format, and have been fiddling around converting it to MOBI-format. After trial and error, I must admit that Calibre does a great job layout-wise!
However, I do not succeed in showing the cover of a mobi-book in the content lister. I tried:

1. Converting the jpg in a png and changing the xml file to point to the cover.png, but does not work.
2. Despite the fact that Books-button is linked to the USB-stick, the iLiad has made a directory mobipocket inside the books-folder on the internal memory, but not on the USB-stick. I then manually created a directory Mobipocket on the USB-stick, and put the mobi folder inside. Then, the folder even doesn't show up. (Is this a special folder?)
The structure of the created mobipockets is a folder with 3 files in it: the jpg cover, an opf file and a bobi file.

It must be possible, because the 50 delivered books on the main memory, show the cover! Does anyone know how to do this?
Are there any good (if needed commercial) editors to create correct mobipocket-files from epub?

Thank you very much in advance!
Sincere greetings,
Peter.
psuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre conversion, iliad book edition, mobipocket