Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #1
csdaley
csdaley began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Amazon Web Page Problem

I don't even know where to post this problem. I bought a few books in Spanish for my classroom. Since then the main Amazon e-book page and the Daily Deals always contain books in Spanish and Spanish writing on the Page.

Most of the page is still in English but on some days I get a giant Kindle Flash section which is completely in Spanish. No one at Amazon has been able to help me turn it off and go back to all English. I have cleared my history removed all the Spanish books from use for recommendations. I unsubscribed to all newsletters. Everything I could think of to no avail.

This happens across devices (iPad, computer, etc.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
csdaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:35 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Buy English then it will change.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:02 PM   #3
csdaley

I have probably bought 50-100 books in English since this started. Nothing gets rid of it.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:20 AM   #4
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
I searched Amazon Help for "language". Don't have a clue if these setting will help you:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1Button App.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	124728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shopping App.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	124729  
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:41 PM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Go to you recent purches &/or Recommendation s & delete the Spanish books. See if that works!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:23 AM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Check browsing history as well:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/history

..and filter by 'Kindle Store' (on left side).
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:28 PM   #7
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
In your browser go to Tools / Internet Options / General and delete your entire browsing history plus cookies.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:44 AM   #8
csdaley

Thank you everyone but I have done all of those things to no avail.

Tags
amazon, ebooks, languages, webpage