Notices

Old 06-17-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
rudysshuni
rudysshuni began at the beginning.

Device: KindleDX
My new Kindle DX

Hi everyone:
I am really surprised to see how cool the DX is
I am a senior citizen, newly medicare, and so I have a lot to learn. But the kindle itself fits great in my hands. The transition from dead tree to holding it will be easy.
I am a faithful subscriber to the New York Times since 1986. I can't tell what I paid for my subscription in N.Y. home delivery at that time, but now in Boca Raton, Fl. it just went to $ 192.00 per 13 weeks. I will pay for my kindle in no time. Now all I have to do is learn how to use it.
Everyone at Amazon customer assistance is sooooo wonderful and patient with all the stupid questions.. I am very grateful
rudysshuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi rudysshuni and welcome to MobileRead. You'll find everyone here is also real patient.

Enjoy your new toy
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 02:06 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, rudysshuni.

I have the Sony 505, so I share your excitement in owning an eReader for the first time.

Jump in and ask questions. We were all new to this at one time (just like you) and we are continuing to learn. That is what is great about the MR forums... we learn from questions asked and answers given by other members.

Enjoy your new Kindle and don't forget to check out all the free ebooks right here on MR. They are beautifully formatted by MR dedicated members.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
rudysshuni, Welcome to MobileRead......lots of us seniors here.

We have books for you to download for free for your Kindle....check under the "ebook" tab. You will want the mobipocket (.prc) format. You'll find many favorite authros, I'm sure. Personally, I loved the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Feel free to ask questions, and jump in on any conversations that interest you.

Enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi rudysshuni and welcome to MobileRead. You'll find everyone here is also real patient.

Enjoy your new toy
Now why do you have to lie to the newbies like that???
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to MR! I'm glad you've joined the world of ereaders! It's a great placle to be There's a board specially designed for Kindle owners https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140 so be sure to check that out too!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote