Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-14-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Lightbulb Gesture for Zooming In

Hello all, I hope you are doing well

I use the stylus to do page swipes (and pretty much everything else) and I find that it cuts the flow when you have to press a hardware button.

I was thinking today how it would be so much cooler and simpler to have a swipe gesture to "zoom in" on documents instead of having to press the "Zoom button". Like.. I don't know, maybe doing a circular swipe or a square one, the gesture itself is not particularly important rather the ability to do it.

What do you guys think? Is it something worth thinking and emailing Sony about? Would any of you second this suggestion? (I ask because I am not living in the States so I can't fill the Contact form to suggest this myself)
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:25 AM   #2
j7f
j7f began at the beginning.

Device: none yet
good point. i agree...it does somewhat break the flow.
gesturing would be a cool feature.
j7f is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Wouldn't you need multi touch for that?? I'm pretty sure that our 700s are not multi touch compatible
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:48 AM   #4
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
I wouldn't know about that but I'm sure if there were any impossibility regarding a circular gesture or something like that it could be fixed regardless the touchscreen capabilities. For example, a diagonal swipe equals zoom or one could go as further as to have "diagonal left swipe" for "zoom in" and "diagonal right swipe" for "zoom out"

Where there's a will there's a way... :P
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote